• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

NHC250 M934 Coolant Leak

captcarc

Hello. My NHC250 powered M934 has a coolant leak from the bottom of the "heater core box"? I see that the two coolant hoses from the box have thumbscrews at the block. Since I don't use the heater, can I just turn both thumbscrews all the way in to take the heater off-line, stopping the leak? Thank you!

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, if they are shut off valves. Make sure they are not bleed screws to vent the cooling system.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Heater cores cost about $30 from Oreillys and a $5 piece of metal from home depot. oh and some foam and maybe an hour of your time.

Neophyte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heater cores cost about $30 from Oreillys and a $5 piece of metal from home depot. oh and some foam and maybe an hour of your time.
Hi Wes

I just watched your video on YouTube (I’m a subscriber).....amazing what you’ve done with your truck (and how you use it).

I bought one of those heater cores....didn’t seem the thin aluminum “Chineseium” made would last, so I went with a core rebuild (and my wallet felt it). Any data on duration with those? (Picture of aluminum core in background)

Attachments

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hi Wes

I just watched your video on YouTube (I’m a subscriber).....amazing what you’ve done with your truck (and how you use it).

I bought one of those heater cores....didn’t seem the thin aluminum “Chineseium” made would last, so I went with a core rebuild (and my wallet felt it). Any data on duration with those? (Picture of aluminum core in background)
Thanks. Dont really know. I've got a murray Heater core in my one 923 and it's been in there since 2015 with out issues. However when it gets warm I do close the valves. pull the hoses off and drain the coolant out and suck what I can out with a shop vac. So it doesn't have coolant just sitting it not circulating

74M35A2

Love the "Chinesium".

Actually, a thin metal heater core should radiate a ton of heat, more than an old designed thick one. I know it is not the tough guy thing to do, and especially with these trucks, but it would probably pump out more heat.

The low velocity blower fan could use a boost on these old dogs.

BenRoberts

Certified insane
My heater core was shut off when I bought my truck, I'm assuming for a reason. Never really needed heat in it so I never messed with it but is it safe to assume when I open the valves a river of coolant is coming

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks