• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MISSION COMPLETED: On the road, moving to Springfield Arkansas

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Ok guys the route I'll be traveling will be I75N then I10W till i hit Mississippi then North through Mississippi till I get into Arkansas then North till I hit Springfield Ar.
You will have limited phone service coming up Hwy 98 from Mobile to Hattiesburg. You want to go that way to save you some mileage than coming up any other way then take hwy 49 from Hattiesburg to Jackson.

Ya Simp google maps was telling me 49. I am finishing packing the truck and trailer as we speak I sbould be leaving on the 26th of this month. I gotta hit the door running got to get a power pole get it set and get both outside and inside breaker boxes wired. Then check the water pipes under house.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ya Simp google maps was telling me 49. I am finishing packing the truck and trailer as we speak I sbould be leaving on the 26th of this month. I gotta hit the door running got to get a power pole get it set and get both outside and inside breaker boxes wired. Then check the water pipes under house.
PEX can make a fast and inexpensive water system. Simply hook up and lay on ground............it'll get you by. THEN, repipe at your leisure. Make pretty later, make functional right away. Limited fittings or hangars. Even if it freezes, wont hurt it.

Ok guys good nees sending unit is good turns out was really low on gas and the Miss wasnt putting enough gas in it. I also got my tag light and tag mounted on my M105 trailer. I also had my kids and there friends help us pack and load more on to truck and trailer. So things are moving along very nicely so for. Thanks as always for taking the time to listen and give great advice.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok guys good nees sending unit is good turns out was really low on gas and the Miss wasnt putting enough gas in it. I also got my tag light and tag mounted on my M105 trailer. I also had my kids and there friends help us pack and load more on to truck and trailer. So things are moving along very nicely so for. Thanks as always for taking the time to listen and give great advice.
Getting closer, one step at a time........

71DeuceAK

Looks like an adventure in the making! I can totally feel you, I've cleaned up places that looked like that or worse, my own house I own elsewhere being one! Place had been empty for 8 years and looked about like your photos. How long was this place empty for? Seeing the photos, did the copper thieves get into the breaker panels etc?

Re: meeting members, when I moved here (Fairbanks, Alaska) the first people I met were all mostly fellow MV owners or Steel Soldiers members. They took me in like I was family.

Its been empty about 2 years all the wire is there the neighbors i believe stole the toilet and hot water heater. There family owned the property before it got sold because of taxes or foreclosure. They think they still own it lmao.My miss spoke to the power company and they said that the neighbors next store were trouble. I figured so when we went there to look at the place. The wiring and a lot of the stuff they did in the house I have to redo because it looks like s**t and not safe. The good news is I got the spec sheet from the power company and I just have to have it setup with the pole,weather head, service box and 8' ground rod. I will have to rent an electric jack hammer for ground rod. But so glad they take care of the power into weather head anf not me was so worried about that. The power is off at pole so my son and i can start as soon as we are there. We are required to cut all that bamboo down that is there but no biggie we already planned on it. The man said when he comes to turn power on if something still need to be setup right he'd help.

Good moring guy's well have to change a brand new mechanical fuel pump on the van. This is not the first time Ive bought a bad one luckily I have a spare electric one to put on. I also did a brake job about 2 weeks ago for a buddy of mine and had a new master cylinder and a brake caliper that were bad as well. Its a gamble anymore for safe reliable parts. The master cylinder had no pressure the caliper didnt have the grooves for the crush washer to seat properly and was lopsided so wouldnt seal. This fuel pump would not hardly pump and now I know why it was backfiring because it was causing the engine to run lean. Its just frustrating when i have so much on my plate right now with moving.

Well guys got her van fixed the electric pump really makes it run awesome. I also adjusted my my drag link and my steering box after reading a few threads on here. I tested it out this morning and it felt better to drive could feel more of the road if you know what i mean by that it had a little more wondering but didnt take it on a highway the ruts on the pavement always made my truck wonder. Ill take ot out next week and test it on a more flat road and see how she does. I got just a little bit left to pack up and I have to order a drill online and few other things cheaper than buying local I hope theyll be here by the weekend if i order Wednesday morning but if not I may have leave at the beginning of the following week. Ill keep ya posted.

Ok guys started buying all the parts for the electric waiting in a few thinhs in the mail and gonna swap my D turbo back in as it has hardly no hours on it and Im gonna sell my C turbo. We should be leaving by the middle of next week have to wait on mail.

Well had to get another 3 lever switch and order another EGT gauge. My buddy had a NOS US made switch the Chinese one finally gave out. My son and I swapped my D turbo in and sold the C to a fellow SS member today. I was hoping to save the money for the house but Murphy made sure that didn't happen. So looks like I'll be leaving on the 6th of May.

Well guys the switch my buddy sold me didn't work so he gave me my money back. I took my switch appt and cleaned it after randomly finding a forum that a guy did a how to on fixing them. It works great and 50$ back in the pot. I fixed a few things on the van got everything in the mail yesterday except the EGT. Which I'll have this next week. Almost ready to go just got to pack some clothes food and blankets and my son and I will be hitting the road next Monday.

Well guys this is my last weekend in FL My friend Paul and his family are having a little get-together for my family tonight. I met Paul who is a member here through another SS member.I've known Paul for over 5 years very good guy. I definitely am very nervous about this 1000 mile trip after what happened when I came back to FL in my deuce . I relive that nightmare a lot and especially now. I've gone over the truck over and over to make sure I can try to prevent another breakdown. I found a dirt dobber or 2 clogged my vent tube for radiator yesterday what a pain to unclog like cement. The cap had released and sprayed some coolant out and couldnt find a leak so knew right away tube was clogged up top near bend and very bottom. I also have a spare Auber gauge now lol because the probe was bad not the gauge so luckily it's a multi gauge so I'll use it for boost gauge. The EGT probe will be here today. I learned how to test for a faulty probe by simply jumping a wire on the probe connections on the EGT and it will give you the ambient temperature. So I knew then that it was probe live and learn now I know and learned something new. Sharing all of this with y'all fills a self serving need and I've been here a long time and love sharing this with you guys. Thank again for taking the time to follow the thread and wish my son my deuce and I luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks