• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MISSION COMPLETED: On the road, moving to Springfield Arkansas

dmetalmiki

Start from scratch.
Battery + To Starter switch/solenoid. to starter motor.
Battery- earth.
Link from 'Governor' goes to throttle linkage.
A Spring (!) goes from throttle linkage to................Anywhere, With a little tension on it. (A LITTLE! at closed throttle).
Wire? From the contact points goes to a battery + through a switch.
If A magneto, Clean and adjust the breaker points.
Some fuel, Some oil. (Bow before it)...nahhh...A KICK!
brm brm brm......
Hope this helps.
I would sell it for parts, and grab a cheap ex military Onon 6000 W. Generator or similar that RUNS personally.

Here's the pics and videos it's a real mess have a lot of work to do.

Attachments

Sorry didn't load.

Attachments

Ya been working sun up to sun down getting van ready. I may have to find another cheap generator if I can't get it to run. I'm only worried about as far as house goes setting a new power pole and installing service boxes. The rest is easy.

I'm moving right along on the van I got the rear end back together and have the back brakes finally done what a PITA they were. I also got the generator going thanks to my step dad's 18+ years in the Army so a huge thanks to him for his help. Again thank you all for the words of encouragement as I move closer to making the big move to Arkansas.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
God speed on your endeavors!! Never hurts to ask the "Man upstairs" for assistance, I highly recommend it!! One day at a time!! One step at a time!!

Well guys I finally got the van up and going today. I need to find a smaller carburetor for it a 500cfm Edelbrock to be exact. The original carburetor was no good and got a very good deal on an intake and carburetor but didn't find out till I got home it's a 750cfm way too big works real good but runs rich. I'll have to post a want ad and maybe post the 750cfm up for sale.

Well guys got the generator running. One side of the 120v works and runs my circular saw. The other side is reading low 70ish volts and doesn't work not sure what to check. Haven't checked the 220 plug because fuse and holding cap are missing.

Well just got off the phone with my step dad and he walked me through the wiring we came.to the conclusion that maybe that 30 amp fuse has to be in place in order for the other 120 plug to work being that each side of the 120v is wired to the 240v and only 2 of the 4 pronhs had any voltage.

Ok guys the 500cfm Edelbrock AVS carburetor came in yesterday. So just waiting on the heat soak base gasket. All that is left is the muffler and the door handle and window crank for Drivers side and van should be done. I'm gonna post up the other carburetor and some deuces parts I have sometime today.

Ok guys all that's left with van is starter and muffler. We are packing my M105a2 trailer this weekend. Then my truck before we leave. So far things are going well. I should be leaving in about 2 weeks give or take.

Ok guys got van up and going for the Miss. I will need to check sending unit as gas gauge quit working. I also got the generator working good and still have low voltage even with the 240v fuse back in. It was reading 90v but wouldn't run anything. I was able to run my small fridge tv my work lights and circular saw on the one plug at the same time so I think we can manage. I should be leaving just after Easter. I still have to put a tag light on my M105 and caulk my windshields and add my remote brake fluid reservoir. Then finish loading trailer and truck.

Ok guys I figured I'd put this out there for those interested in the parts I'm selling I have no problem delivering along my planned route if need be. It would help my move and house repairs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks