• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MISSION COMPLETED: On the road, moving to Springfield Arkansas

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
If you have issues let me know. I have quite a few members numbers along your route. Russ Knight is in Perry, FL, Ryan Aruba and CrapGame are in the Pensacola area. CSM Davis is in Hattiesburg. Dock Rocker is in Jackson, MS... There is noone from there to Memphis. Ive got a few military truck guys in the central AR area across 63.

Be mindful of the signs around Mobile on how to get onto 98. whoever laid that out was either drunk. Or on a crippled horse. Alternative route with better roads and not so many hills is up HWY 45 all the way to Tupelo MS at I22/78 and then on to memphis

fpchief

Well guys looks like I'm leaving early or midmorning.I want to try to beat the bad weather heading to Little Rock on Wednesday.
Well, ya made it to the buc-ee's at I-10 and Gulf Beach Expressway!!! Great to meet you!! Be safe and enjoy the cool night tonight.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ok guys I made it here finally this afternoon and started cleaning and unloading definitely miscalculated fuel mileage but we made it by the skin of our teeth. Betty did an excellent job getting us here will get pics and videos up ASAP. Thanks for all the help and advice.

ARYankee

Dang, sorry I missed this thread. I would have offered any assistance along I530 up to about Conway or so. I drive 530 to work in Redfield. Btw, welcome to Arkansas! There are a few of us MV folks to hang out with. You missed the convoy but they do have the Petit Jean Rally in September.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ok guys finally able to get on and post some updates I got the power pole set and the power on. I had my turbo flange gasket go bad and had to change it. In the process I shored out my starter ordered a gear reduction one yesterday. Here's some pics. I hauled 2 loads of scrap off the property with the deuce and the M105 trailer and used the new winch to pull out a fairly complete Cub Cadet 104 garden tractor out out the woods covered in vines. My son and I got the engine to run will need work looks like it's been sitting there for 5 or 10 years.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks