• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce fuel problems

Taylormade

So I’m new to the forum thing but I am stumped . I have a multi fuel deuce that won’t start . It ran fine then a few months later it won’t . I thought I had air in the lines so I bled it and followed it to the injector pump . Fuel is getting that far as best I can tell . But for some reason I can’t get fuel to the injectors themselves ??? I’m not at all a diesel genius but I feel I can find my way around to fix things . Any help is appreciated!!

Welder1

There are several things to check. First is to ensure you get flow thru all the filters to the injection head. If that is good then move on to the fuel shutoff control. You will need to pull the side cover where the shut down cable attaches. Under that cover there will be a lever that a rod connects to. That lever should move freely and spring back to about a 7 o'clock position in run mode. If it is stuck or sticky you will need to free it up. Usually penetrating spray and movement will help. If that is good then probably the hydraulic head button has fallen off. There is info available on that. Good luck keep us posted.

Eddie

olly69

I had a sticky fuel shutoff control. I sprayed some starter fluid into the air intake to see if it would fire, and it did. then I asked these guys for help, and they told me to take off the side cover & free it up. Be careful, but it did work! Good luck.

Taylormade

So I took off the shut off cover and it seems to be moving freely . I lived it and worked it back and forth. Still no fuel to injectors ? If there is air in lines how long do I need to turn over for the fuel to come through? Also if the shut off control valve rod seems to be moving freely is there any need to actually remove the rod to clean further ?

rustystud

So I took off the shut off cover and it seems to be moving freely . I lived it and worked it back and forth. Still no fuel to injectors ? If there is air in lines how long do I need to turn over for the fuel to come through? Also if the shut off control valve rod seems to be moving freely is there any need to actually remove the rod to clean further ?
You don't want to remove the rod if it is moving freely. What you might have to do is remove the "Hydraulic Head" to see if the push button has fallen off the (what I call ) the compression rod. It is the rod that actually pressurizes the fuel. Go to the posts that "porkysplace" mentioned. There you will find all the information you will need to remove and replace the "HH" (Hydraulic Head) and fix a loose button.

Taylormade

Ok I will check that out next . If I get it apart and the button has fallen off can I put it back on or should I just replace the HH ? Thanks !!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yes, you'll need to pull the fuel shutoff rod to remove the Hyd head. If I were in there and the button has fallen off, I'd want to put a new retaining clip on the button.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok I will check that out next . If I get it apart and the button has fallen off can I put it back on or should I just replace the HH ? Thanks !!
Just check the timing button if it looks good and no damage plus new clip. No on the Head yet. The button flat side out and dish side rides on the plunger shaft. Stupid little clip just barely holds the button on!! Stupid clip Dumb button is my .02

Last edited:

Taylormade

Well it’s been over a year since I’ve ordered a new button clip for my hydraulic head and new o Rings . Been so busy and finally found the time to tear it apart and thanks to the help on here I discovered that the button in deed had fallen off . Put a new clip on the button in the hydraulic head and replaced the o rings on it and we’re running again!! Thanks for all the help !!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks