• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 Hydraulic PTO Winch COG?

SnowBeast428

Evening. I joined this forum due to needing information about the Deuce's since I'm making a game with one in it and while previous posts have been great I haven't been able to find anything about this question.

Where is the COG or so on a M35A2 with the Hydraulic PTO Winch, non bobbed? I don't own one personally and the person in town with one has it bobbed sadly. I don't need 100% accurate just generally accurate since ingame it's going to have a crane in the bed based off the M27 bomb truck crane but I can adjust for that once I have a baseline.

Fatalid

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From what I've seen, the COG for a non-winch truck is about where the cab and bed meet. Winch model would put that just slightly forward of that point, but probably not much.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
The center of gravity for the truck empty and loaded is shown on the weight and dimension/ serial number data tag on the dash. You can find good enough pics to see it with a quick google search.

jasonjc

Looks like 80 5/8" empty and 94 15/16" loaded back from the center of the front axle. 37 3/4" empty and 48" loaded from the ground. This is for a M35A2 W/W. But this for a straight PTO winch not a hydraulic.

SnowBeast428

The center of gravity for the truck empty and loaded is shown on the weight and dimension/ serial number data tag on the dash. You can find good enough pics to see it with a quick google search.
Thank you for that. Looking at a picture it seems like it's about the middle of the cab to the tip of the front seats and with 5000 pounds taken into account for the placard I'm viewing that should be perfect or near to it since the crane likely weighs that much. Thank you for that, glad you're all helping this unconventional request.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks