• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wrecker question

moparguy

I have a chance at buying a M816 that needs a lot of work bin sitting for years.
and next to it is a triple boom with a 5th wheel used to recover air planes, witch is worse off... (not sure the model number on that one)

What would a good price be for both?
Or either or?
And how rare is the 2nd one???
thanks Paul

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Sounds like it's most likely either an m246 or m819 tractor wrecker. Neither are very rare I'd say but they are less common than the regular wreckers.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It depends on if it's a C2 wrecker. If it needs work it could be quiet costly. Even an 816 only brings 3500 to 4 in needing work condition. Operating and some work around 6k

Does the wrecker look like this?

Attachments

Last edited:

71DeuceAK

If not running, and especially if major parts are missing, the rule of thumb I was always told was start at scrap price and go up from there. Not sure what the 819 would weigh but an 816 would be about 40,000 lbs for reference. At let's say an average of $0.06 per lb, that's $2400. Scrap prices seem to be climbing, check in your area. You obviously want to give them a better deal than if they junked it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks