• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wiring/lights on problem

KTF

Hey I bought a 1991 m923 a2 and am having issues with all the lights . Nothing works except the front running lights are on all the time. From what I can find, all the previous owner changed was the batteries to a 2 battery system and he put led headlights in . The key pad that controls the lights , lights up red/orange when you push it and if you select any other button it flashes blue a handful of times then back to red/orange. I couldn’t find any fuses or where anything had been messed with . My only guess at this point is the little key pad thing has failed . But I am as green as Grass when it comes to these trucks . Any tips ? Thank you !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hey I bought a 1991 m923 a2 and am having issues with all the lights . Nothing works except the front running lights are on all the time. From what I can find, all the previous owner changed was the batteries to a 2 battery system and he put led headlights in . The key pad that controls the lights , lights up red/orange when you push it and if you select any other button it flashes blue a handful of times then back to red/orange. I couldn’t find any fuses or where anything had been messed with . My only guess at this point is the little key pad thing has failed . But I am as green as Grass when it comes to these trucks . Any tips ? Thank you !

You need a new light switch. That push hutton light switch will burn your harness up and burn the truck to the ground. That have internal shorting out problems. Best bet is to throw it away

KTF

Thanks you guys! That one won’t require me messing with the harness right ? Just plug and play. I like the switches anyways, seem more reliable . Is there any fuses on these trucks ? Seems awful dangerous to have none. Thank you guys for the quick response!

KTF

I also forgot to mention that the dash lights and front running lights come on BEFORE you ever turn the battery switch on that is located in the dash ... I would picture that light switch pad thing being wired after that battery switch .....

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It is plug and play. See what it does after you swap out the switch. Power goes thru that switch at all times as it gets it power directly from the battery source thru the PCB The internal short could be bleeding power on all the time.

KTF

Copy I will keep everyone informed . Thank you ! Glad I found this forum

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've never seen the push button switches available. Is there a source? My coworker is jones'n for one for his project

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I've never seen the push button switches available. Is there a source? My coworker is jones'n for one for his project
Ebay, eastern surplus. Or Memphis equipment. they are notorious for shorting out over little stuff and causing toasted wire harnesses

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Does anyone know what the NSN number is for the push button switch?
If you want one I can get one from Memphis equipment for cheaper than you can order it. Might as well save you some money if you are gonna burn it up. Especially a massive vibration 809 series truck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks