• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SEE backup lights

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello,

With all the bells and whistles that a SEE has, I'm still surprised that backup lights aren't a thing... has anyone wired the worklights on their SEE into the backup 'buzzer' circuit?

SJ

Speedwoble

I have a relay on order. I don’t want the backup buzzer to sound when I activate the lights with the switch on the side of the deck, nor do I know how much current the backup buzzer circuit can handle. So I will tap into the backup buzzer to run a relay that will switch power from the running light circuit on the tail-lights. I have swapped both my work lights and tail-lights for LED’s so I expect to have a little current to spare.

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ah, good point on the work light switch. Relay it is. I too have gone to LED. I've found it hasn't made the biggest difference in the tail lights (I have the 3M kit to polish them) but the work lights, holy wow. I swapped in a couple Hella 357101002 work lights and love them. So bright the camera on my phone just can't or I'd post a pic. Of course, it now looks like an alien landing craft when they're on so some folks might not like that look. To each their own I guess.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks