• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

going to Florida to pick up my M813

319cssb

I will be going through Alabama, then Georgia by Columbus , Macon, Athens and then head into South Carolina. Are there some Members on that route?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Swamp rere is near Macon. Sand cobra is in Albany. Papa bear has a wrecker service in Columbus. Depending on where in Florida you are picking up you may want to look at going down i10 to Marietta and taking hwy 2 across towards Albany and over to 75. The roads in Alabama are not that great. Most of the road from Donaldsonville ga to Albany is freshly paved and a nice flat road

319cssb

Hi Simp5782 , Im going to Pensacola.Might put Papa bears # in my contacts just in case one never knows. Can I PM You?

sandcobra164

As Simp stated, I'm just North of Albany, Ga, equipped to tow and can be on standby. Judging by the route your describing, the M813 must be in the panhandle of Florida. Like SCM35A2, let us know when you've made the trip Safely and Successfully.

319cssb

Ill be bringing my GMTK tools and some fluids. We will be staying overnight and ill use that time for some pmcs.
Will be coming up you guys then. Thank you all for the great responses.

319cssb

When i got there . They were working on the truck. Apparently the water pump belt broke and they broke two more trying to get the new one on. Is there an adjuster?
They tried to pry them on and broke the belts

Attachments

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When i got there . They were working on the truck. Apparently the water pump belt broke and they broke two more trying to get the new one on. Is there an adjuster?
They tried to pry them on and broke the belts
I believe you have to loosen the water pump on the 250's.

[h=1]Cummins 250 belts[/h]

Edit;The belts can be put on without REMOVING the fan, just walk the belt on as you rotate the fan. the water pump needs to rotated to loosen and tighten the belt, think there are 6 bolts that tighten it down, back off the bolts then good luck

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It's an eccentric pump. You knock the pump around in a circle and it tightens. If they do not put a new crush seal on that waterpump it may not start leaking before too long.

Fan has an adjuster on it

319cssb

Oh i see. I think they are trying to losen the fan side adjuster and one guy said there is an adjuster on the alternator that they loosened and it seems to give just enough slack. I told them about the waterpump bolts and that i read something about losening them on SS. But i guess that hasn't sunk in quite yet.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Loosen all waterpump bolts and knock the splines downwards. Easier to just remove it and reset it to reinstall the belt. Rookies apparently. Alternator belt shouldn't even be on it

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That design is pure garbage. make sure it is not leaking. No reason to have broken the other Belts. Simple v belt with adjustment. The water pump belt is not the most common. Might want to carry spare. Others are common items in real part stores.

319cssb

Ok made the first leg. Will check over the truck again. I noticed some spray around the rear axle area. Got to check that out.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Ok made the first leg. Will check over the truck again. I noticed some spray around the rear axle area. Got to check that out.
If you haven’t already, I’d suggest taking a peak in through all the axle fill ports, that truck had flooded gauges iirc when I was looking at it. Possible there may be water in the gear oil; either way, you’re on a long trip, it’d pay off to take a pair of channel locks and pop the top off the axle vents and slip some vinyl hose over all 3 with hose clamps. It’ll prevent pressure from building in the axles because those vents never work

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks