• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Coolant system flush problem

Dead pilot

I'm trying to clean out my system before I put my radiator, thermostat and water pump back in. I spray water in through coolant manifold and it flows and comes out a bolt hole the water pump was bolted up to. But when I spray water in the oil cooler side it just backs up and pours out. So I'm guessing I need to pull the oil cooler cover off and see if I have a blockage on the side. Am I right with thinking theres a blockage cause it should flow through out the whole system from the thermostat all the way out the other side.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Last edited:

Dead pilot

I already have plans on adding on coolant filter. But my concerns are with the flow. My truck was sitting for 7 ish years with out being ran and the was some build up in the water pump and the thermostat was locked up with stuff. So I'm trying to make sure there isnt and issue on the other side so I dont blow any of the new hoses or cause a bigger issue when I start it up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well then. ........... find all the bottom drains and pressurize Her from the top for a couple of whiles.
Put some old style Cascade in there or Dawn works good and let Dawn sit in there a few daze.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks