Thread: Repurpose m936 winch

Private
    Thanks

Default Repurpose m936 winch

I want to remove the rear winch from a salvaged m936 bed and build a recovery skid to utilize on the front of a CTL (skid steer). The winch motor has more hydraulic ports than I can reason. It has (2) -20 ports which I would think to be pressure and return depending on direction. But it also has a large -24 or maybe -28 line (like maybe a low pressure return?) as well as 3 -8 lines (like maybe flushing or case drain lines). I need help ciphering how to replumb these lines to CTL (only hose options are pressure and return which can be redirected from within the cab, and a case drain). Even if I use the original valves there is still a large 3rd line that leaves the valve body and returns forward underneath the truck. What is this 3rd line?
    Last edited by Treegrinder; 03-10-2019 at 15:04.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,787 Times in 2,745 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Treegrinder View Post
    I want to remove the rear winch from a salvaged m936 bed and build a recovery skid to utilize on the front of a CTL (skid steer). The winch motor has more hydraulic ports than I can reason. It has (2) -20 ports which I would think to be pressure and return depending on direction. But it also has a large -24 or maybe -28 line (like maybe a low pressure return?) as well as 3 -8 lines (like maybe flushing or case drain lines). I need help ciphering how to replumb these lines to CTL (only hose options are pressure and return which can be redirected from within the cab, and a case drain). Even if I use the original valves there is still a large 3rd line that leaves the valve body and returns forward underneath the truck. What is this 3rd line?
    It seems like it would drag the skid steer before whatever your pulling unless you adding spades . But in all reality I don't think the loader frame will last , a winch that size will pull it apart.

Private
    Thanks

I have all that figured out. I need info about the hydraulic plumbing.

The CTL is the power source and the transportation. The “winch skid” will be tied off or anchored in the dirt so that the loader arms are not taking the pull.
    Last edited by Treegrinder; 03-10-2019 at 15:20.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,787 Times in 2,745 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Treegrinder View Post
    I have all that figured out. I need info about the hydraulic plumbing.
    Download the -24 or -34 and the parts tm (-P) and follow the flow of the lines to figure out where they go.