• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need some help from Venezuela

Macondo

Thank you Sir,

View attachment 758045 View attachment 758044View attachment 758043 First picture, 03 black wires from power company to 3 x 60 amp breaker, neutral goes bottom. Second picture, old distribution box 03 wire (red, blue and red) to 03 breaker 60 amp each one (our home is almost 60 years old). And last picture the very well known switch that I have my doubts.
Kill a watts is on my to-do list, I will buy on ebay. Next time when need to start the genset I will use the voltmeter to check to monitor volts in side home. And yes, I will never move "AC reconnection switch" while it is running.
Thanks you all for your advice.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The two left breakers in your second picture are Federal Pacific and they are widely regarded as defective. They won't trip when needed to. Consider replacing them.

Chainbreaker

So you have 4 wires coming out of generator's load terminals: L1, L2, L3 & LO correct?

Why is the Ammeter-Voltmeter Switch on your Control Panel shown switched to single phase (1 L3-L1) ? If you want to user your panel mounted meter to read 3 phase voltages & load you need to switch it to the 3 phase selections (the switch positions with the "3" above them).

Last edited:

Macondo

So you have 4 wires coming out of generator's load terminals: L1, L2, L3 & LO correct?

Yes sir.
Why is the Ammeter-Voltmeter Switch on your Control Panel shown switched to single phase (1 L3-L1) ?

​I moved after I shoot it down.

If you want to user your panel mounted meter to read 3 phase voltages & load you need to switch it to the 3 phase selections (the switch positions with the "3" above them).

Yes sir, when it was working was in one of L3...so that was my original doubt, Where of 3 of L3.

Thanks a lot. All of you are a great support!

uniquify

I'm a visual learner. Hopefully this will help someone else.

The 4 positions on the blue arc are for 3-phase.
The 2 positions on the red arc are for 1-phase.

ammeter-voltmeter-switch-positions.png

Assuming you have the voltage adjusted properly:
When the switch is on any of the positions with the yellow dots, the voltage should be 208. (3-phase)
When the switch is on any of the positions with the green dots, the voltage should be 120. (1-phase or 3-phase)
When the switch is on the position with the purple dot, the voltage should be 240. (1-phase)

Edit: I'm not sure what the voltage should be at the purple dot when the reconnection switch is in the 1-phase 120V setting.

Last edited:

Macondo

Dear Sir,
Thanks so much, very, very helpful. "One image, thousands words!"
I will work with this.
Yours,

Macondo

I'm a visual learner. Hopefully this will help someone else.

The 4 positions on the blue arc are for 3-phase.
The 2 positions on the red arc are for 1-phase.

View attachment 758069

Assuming you have the voltage adjusted properly:
When the switch is on any of the positions with the yellow dots, the voltage should be 208. (3-phase)
When the switch is on any of the positions with the green dots, the voltage should be 120. (1-phase or 3-phase)
When the switch is on the position with the purple dot, the voltage should be 240. (1-phase)

Edit: I'm not sure what the voltage should be at the purple dot when the reconnection switch is in the 1-phase 120V setting.

Many thanks for your replay.
Yes, positive we have 3-phase, so my doubt is which 3 Phase positions switch select because I don't want to damage the generator.
Please take a picture of your circuit breaker panel your connections and the connections to the generator versus the switch position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks