• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Best aerosol available similar to tan canvas top color.

Farnorth

I’ve got a canvas back wall for a 4 man M998 that is green, but I’d like to use it with my tan top. Is there a common box store spray paint on the market that is very close to the original tan canvas color? I’d probably use a product like krylon fusion for the first coat, to bite into the vinyl, but then follow up with a color that is closer to the proper color. Thanks.

infidel got me

I used camo spry paint from wally world. Painted a white artic top, yes white. Faded a little, but held up 2 years. Sold the truck since, but still looked good. Used 3 cans.. That was it. Purple powered it. and sprayed her. The top was new out of the box, but it shouldn't matter as long as you ctart with a clean surface... Good luck!!!

Farnorth

Is this the type of rustoleum that you were referring to?

looks like the photo won’t load, but label says Rustoleum camouflage, with the word “specialty” on it and no-reflective finish. Has a picture of a duck boat on the label too.

Last edited:

tobyS

Yea, that would be it. The dark green is close to 383 green and the earth brown is close to the 383 Brown. There are a couple of tans too. I have not used enough of the black, but hope it has the blue component to match the current black (like when mixing it by Behr). They make up the 3 colors of current green/brow/black camo being put on....mostly.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would say find the closest match. There is at least 2 variations of tan out there maybe due to water based carc or different suppliers. Some are more tan and others more yellow if that makes sense?

JoeJrTheBarber

You cruzin' with the new trans. yet?????
Nope..
Havent drove my truck since July 5th 2018..
Truck still has a lot of little things to be finished up before its done / road worthy AND for whatever reason my transfer case started leaking after it and the new trans were installed,
so out it had to come and be rebuilt. Guess its not all that bad knowing now my transmission and transfer case will both be fresh !

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks