• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Another new guy

ATCKT

Greetings all,

I'm Kevin, a retired Navy ATC. The only mil vehicles I ever drove were the Navy crew cab pickups (duty driver), LOL.

In the past few months I've learned a little about CUCVs and am interested in the M1009 Blazer as a possible replacement for my Ram 1500 4x4. I like the idea of a solid 4x4 with diesel that gets 20 mpg. Are these getting hard to find parts?

Thanks for this very informative site!

Blessings, Kevin

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the site, The hobby, ( The Ex Time served green maniacs!), The Friendships, and hopefully the many 'events' to come.
There is such a wealth of information on this site to keep your interests 'titillated'..And I am sure other members will be chipping in to provide the information you seek.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are these getting hard to find parts?
Welcome aboard.
No, parts are easy, most everything is available at your local autoparts store. Regardless of year of manufacture of your actual vehicle, you tell them it is an '84.

Cheers

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A little noisy with no interior insulation. But for parts, there every where. If you get a stock one, just use the TM and take care of it and the issues will be minor.

Welcome from Mass

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks