• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MRAP gauges in a 998?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most of the surplus panels I have seen are electric gauges so you will need to also source sending units and the adapters if the wrong thread. Good news is most are already 24v. If the guages are the same diameter and you can get complete systems, go for it. Water, oil, voltage would be the easiest. Not sure if existing sending unit in tank will interchange with other gauges? Suspect Speedo will be much more of a challenge to set up as I suspect MRAP's are electronic units.

Lindsaym151

I am going to have to use a GPS speedo (amazon , 60.00) same 85 mm size, my problem is I have amp meter working but no other gauges will work.
So I guess what your saying is I need to find electronic sending units for oil and temp. is that correct?

infidel got me

guages

Put the right gauges in it and save yourself a lot of time and money.... The speedo in your Humvee is cable driven, so you have a bad cable speedo gear in transfer case, or a bad speedo head. Disconnect cable a t-case and spin cable with drill (SLOWLY) that will tell you if cable/and speedo head is good. If all that works then the gear in the t-case is apple cored-- center wore out.. Check the grounding lug behind dash. It is on drivers side by instrument cluster--remove doghouse for access. All the stuff not working at once is another problem I believe not bad gauges..

Last edited:

Lindsaym151

My brother , from a different mother, call me and I'll tell you what I'm up to!
Theoretically this will work , just have to work the bugs out! got the sensor today for trans to go from cable to electronic speedo, if that doesn't work we will go with gps speedo , the same one that Dakota is using.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks