• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MTVR's Up For Sale on Govplanet

Steelreaper80

Hey all,

Just got an email from Govplanet. MTVR's are coming up for sale on March 20th. 5 or 6 of them. I wanted to let anyone know if they were interested.

On a side note what do people think of them. They were coming in on rail when I was leaving Camp Lejune for the last time so they were brand spanking new when I got out. I personally have no experience with them. I know they look good and have a CAT C-12 but I have never been in one. How would they compare to an M923A2? Thoughts?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This been posted several times.

Also, we now have an MTVR forum to post in as well.

Let's also remember the site rules.

tjwareusmc

Hey all,

Just got an email from Govplanet. MTVR's are coming up for sale on March 20th. 5 or 6 of them. I wanted to let anyone know if they were interested.

On a side note what do people think of them. They were coming in on rail when I was leaving Camp Lejune for the last time so they were brand spanking new when I got out. I personally have no experience with them. I know they look good and have a CAT C-12 but I have never been in one. How would they compare to an M923A2? Thoughts?
I’ve owned 3 M939 series trucks and I loved them. When I was in the corps I drove the MTVR some in addition to an old deuce, and the MTVR is absolutely amazing in my opinion. I’ve already pre-bid on some of these but have been outbid so far.

They’re very quick and powerful as well as very capable off road (although I have done very little off road personally in the MtVR). The trucks feel like a whole generation newer, which they are.

When I was getting the 7-ton license (in Iraq) to drive the MRVR, I remember the instructor telling us that if we had to abandon the vehicle there was a procedure to disable it so it didn’t fall into enemy hands.

A few other things I remember: they have an allison tranny with a push-button selector, a 3-stage Jake brake, and a recommended water forging depth of 60 inches. Also there are different all wheel drive modes and push button differential lockers. The independent suspension is a big advantage for increased ground clearance. I also remember that they would kill a Humvee in a drag race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks