• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Half Track transmission front drive shaft seal and spacer

jamboly

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am needing to replace the transmission front drive shaft seal on my M3 Half Track. The seal that is in it has AT 1805X128 stamped on it. It is a leather seal, so I assume it is a Chicago Rawhide seal, for which I can not find any info on. i found postings on halftrackinfo.com that says a National 410316 will work based on dimension in the manual, but has not been verified. The site also listed SKF 22446 as the seal. Anyone know which seal to use?
Also, there appears to be some sort of fiber spacer that is behind the seal, which parts of which have been chipped off. Anyone know where to get one of these or what can be used as a substitute?

jamboly

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got around to cleaning up the flange that the seal goes in. What I thought was a fiber washer was actually the part of the flange that the seal seats up against, not a fiber washer. The porous looking edges where the breaks were threw me off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks