• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV question

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I used the 6x6 as an example because there are no stock m939 4x4 trucks. I have found a really wide variation of turbo spooling lag between different motors that really should be basically the same. Newer motors seem to spool up a lot faster though.

Blairg

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks to everybody for their input. Personally I think a lot of issues that people have with this series of trucks is the unfamiliarity of the chassis compared to trucks of the past. Saw the same polarization in people when new models of fire apparatus that were being introduced. Most issues were a lack of education and training. However, sometimes the low bid mentality came back to bite the department when cost saving were valued over proven designs of the past.

Blair

snowtrac nome

here is a brief summery I cut my teeth on the old m44 style trucks, and I love them the duce just looks bad a$$. if you want something more civilized and don't want to shovel snow off the hood in the morning, a cab that seals up, or a heater that works than go with the fmtv. If you don't mind the ride and want something with a timeless look the duce or 5 ton is for you I like them both, but where I drive mine every day summer and winter the lmtv gets my vote. As for the duce that couldn't out pull my pick up there was nothing wrong with it, all boils down to ground pressure just like tracks the more surface area less ground pressure I have a 350 deere dozer and a Thiokol 2100 snow cat they weigh the same one has longer wider tracks in soft terrain the snow cat pulls like a d-6 but on hard snow or ice the 350 has the edge both machines weigh the same.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks