• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Axle Boots measurements

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This current design I can make and sell for $40 a pair, which is competitive with other sources, except we hope mine last longer!
BDGR

davidb56

@ Bulldogger. Don't get discouraged as most people don't want to change a boot unless they have one that is ripped. I just changed my passenger zippered, ripped boot to a silicone one piece last week. The other one is still good. BTW, are they waterproof? I drive through a lot of deep puddles and tons of mud here now that the snow is melting.

Deplorable1

I'd love to be a guinea pig, but I start back to work on the 1st (70 hour weeks), no time for playin.

I'm still interested but to do the install with feedback and whatnot could take me months. Lol
Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rustystud

@ Bulldogger. Don't get discouraged as most people don't want to change a boot unless they have one that is ripped. I just changed my passenger zippered, ripped boot to a silicone one piece last week. The other one is still good. BTW, are they waterproof? I drive through a lot of deep puddles and tons of mud here now that the snow is melting.
Exactly ! Also were just coming into Spring so the weather is still a little bit crappy to work outside. I'm sure in a couple of weeks the weather will start to turn for the better and then someone will need to replace their axle boots.

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What the heck. I've never changed boots before, but mine need changing now, so I'll volunteer. I have a set I ordered from someone, but hopefully yours will be the bomb and I won't need them anytime soon.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks all. Dead pilot volunteered by PM and a set of boots is on its way.

Davidb56, the fabric is claimed waterproof by the manufacturer. The zipper would be less so. I imagine they will do fine driving through puddles, but I imagine sitting in standing water would likely let some in to the boot insides.

Bulldogger

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe a waterproof zipper option, with an increased price of course - they're expensive for zippers.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
RTV the zippers as per TM
Wiil not leak
These are dust boots, not grease boots
Pull the plug like it says in the TM to grease properly.
OH my, what TM says that?

Last edited:

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What the heck. I've never changed boots before, but mine need changing now, so I'll volunteer. I have a set I ordered from someone, but hopefully yours will be the bomb and I won't need them anytime soon.
Russ, I apologize that I missed your note, as the page count for this thread jumped and I kept going.

I have a volunteer, and the boots are on the way to him.

I don't know about your fitment question, I've never worked on an M925 (or any other 6x6 for that matter).

Dimensions for the M35 are given in an earlier post. You could measure, or perhaps someone can chime in about fitment across models. At some point we'll need to know the answer to this question.

Bulldogger

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fellows, our two brothers interested in checking the fitment and performance of the prototypes are not able to fit them due to unexpected issues.

Is there anyone else able to test fit them for a courtesy set (i.e. free)? I'll arrange for them to be sent you.

Bulldogger

matt444

If you can get me a set by next weekend I'll be interested, I need to replace one before the Denton NC rally
Pm or text me 803 448 1181

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pictures for the general
The GAA outlet hole to pull when greasing......
View attachment 759245View attachment 759246
Correct when you have the old style ball and seat CV joint not the new cross style U joints. Sometimes you have to use your head and know what, why and where to put grease. Now if you had the old style then you pull "both" plugs .
Read both post #4 and #5 of this thread and that will in lighten why you use head and know what you are greasing. https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...t-axle-amp-grease&highlight=Front+axle+tow+in

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks