• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV Front Shackle mount/Tow Point dimensions

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have the dimensions of a HMMWV front tow point/shackle mount? Specifically I need the overall length and bolt spread. I am thinking of mounting a set to the front of a Jeep.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually just recently saw a jeep that did that. Caught my eye as they painted the shackle red. That shackle looks familiar......right down to the bolt and nut to hold it on.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
90Jimmy, thanks for the work on that. I didn't even consider those.

Springer, those are exactly what I was referring to. I'm looking to put a set on the front of my J53 to primarily add a connection point for a medium towbar. Problem is I'm not sure if they are too long to fit on the bumper.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like about 4.5"-5". Shoot, just a hair too long. I've got about 4.125" to work with. I think an overhanging mount would get the job done, but would look terrible. Thanks for the help 90Jimmy!

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want something surface mount, and I need to attach a medium tow bar as well as recovery points. I considered M151 shackle mounts, but they are top mount and I don't want to grind off the large rivets that attach my bumper to the frame. I also considered M35 shackle mounts, but the large size doesn't look right on a smaller Jeep. I thought the HMMWV mounts would work out well. Any other thoughts on tow bar connection points?

I could just buy a Walmart or HorribleFreight tow bar, but I already have a medium so I'd like to use it rather than buying a cheap sketchy tow bar made of the finest Chinesium.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks