• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1070 het transmission problems

jeepls2

i just purchased a 92 m1070 het . it has just over 4XXX miles and 800 hrs. when we went to pick up the truck we found out that reverse is not working. it goes forward just fine but reverse seems to be fried. crawling under and looking at trans the rear section of trans looks like paint was discolored. does anyone have info or suggestions on the allison clt745? thanks, davey

Last edited:

BradBMI

I have a HET with a similar problem. I drove it from Sparta WI to Long Island NY ran fine. it sat for a year now wont do over 30mph. Try changing the 15/40 first to see if it helps or since it looks burnt pull the cab then the transmission and do the job once. There are rebuilts in emay look for an inexpensive one if you can find

jeepls2

all done. did everything with cab on. 2 sets of clutch packs, friction plates, new governor. runs drives shifts like new. thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks