• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for cold air intake

w5ood

If anyone has a cold air intake hose for a 6.2 please let me know. I cant seem to find one that isn't after market and none from any junk yards near me. If you have one to sell please let me know, thanks!!

Barrman

You want civilian Chevy or just anything?

CUCV trucks didn’t come with a hose from the air filter to the valence. Only some civilian trucks did. If you move your front battery a bit and look at the valence, you will see the cutout for the hose attachment. you need that piece, the plastic molded hose and a bracket to go with the civilian set up.

Or, a little bit of tin work and a dryer duct hose to give yourself cold air.

w5ood

I would like to get a civilian chevy version just because I think it would last longer.But as long as it fits the filter housing and wont fall apart in a year. The after market stuff seems cheap. Its not as much for mileage as for noise. It really cuts down the roar inside the cab.

Matt5

Banned
100% gives more power and better mpg...
I used corrugated pipe that I had laying around...
129_52095z+chevrolet_blazer+specs.jpg

cucvmule

collector of stuff
There are a few more parts on the air filter assembly for the civi GM trucks. Rubber bushing, noise resonating muffler, steel bracket that holds in place, hard plastic hose assembly, and the air collector on the core support on the passenger side of the radiator, that gathers fresh air from the front of the truck behind the front grill.

Very hard to find but the system is out there, used. I do not know if GM would stock parts new but maybe a possibility.

I removed mine from my 82 K30 and took 2 filter housings and used the inlet off the second and cut hole in the first and spot welded on making a dual snorkel air cleaner. Then connect flexible air ducting to the drain tile schedule 35 or 40 3 inch diameter 12 inches long to a y, then the original hard flex duct to the core support.

If you look at the original air cleaner of the 6.2 under throttle you will see that the top off the air cleaner flexes down because off suction. Inlet opening not large enough. Almost every 6.2 that I come across has stripped or scored air cleaner studs. I grab every good one I see in the salvage yards.

Does adding the second inlet help? Does fresh air to a diesel make a difference? I say yes, more air, denser air. I have not made the change to the CUCV, but may fab up the dual snorkel because the second inlet does have a positive effect.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks