• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hard start

hello , I hope some of you guys can help steer me right ! picked up an m998 runs out very well but hard start and kicking lotta white smoke followed by big puff of black smoke / then clears and runs great / easy start when warm .
Assumption of course plugs / guy we bought from said he just changed em , we changed them again anyway ! we changed the pcb even though in terms of wait lite etc it seemed to be working /we changed coolant temp sender sensor still same issue of hard start and white then puff black smoke / we even changed fuel filter although seems the fact that its belching white smoke (unburned fuel )and then black smoke (burned fuel)would indicate fuel not an issue ! been scouring site and came across grounds as a possible issue going to try that tonite ! any other thoughts would be much appreciated

ikoinu

Check that the glow plug harness connection to the plugs is not feeding 24v constant when the ignition switch is in the run position.
It can do this even if your wait to start light is cycling normally. If it is, that's your "smart" box. Workaround is to put in a manual glow plug controller.
search my posts if you need help.

90Jimmy

If the plugs aren’t working and it’s cold...it will not fire up. He may have a bad plug or two. Don’t get him running down a rabbit hole. The truck will smoke, it’s ok. Read the TM, understand how the vehicle functions. It’s not a new Duramax....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks