• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

idle issue and power loss

believe it or not posting this for an old nam vet friend ! He REFUSES to use computers ! he has an m998 and called me other day (he does have a cell phone )and gave me following scenario :
rough idle and power loss / he changed fuel filter / he cracked the injector lines and good fuel /I gave him a set of remaned injectors to try and no improvement /he checked compression said it was above 300 across board / put some sort of injector and fuel cleaner in it / nothing helps . truck starts on1 crank does not stall or really hesitate( I have personally seen that when he came by to get injectors ) but seems to almost buck or pulse when u hit throttle hard (didn't really seem to be a hesitation ,if that makes sense ) / any way I said I would post for him and see if someone might have an idea or 2 thx

Wire Fox

believe it or not posting this for an old nam vet friend ! He REFUSES to use computers ! he has an m998 and called me other day (he does have a cell phone )and gave me following scenario :
rough idle and power loss / he changed fuel filter / he cracked the injector lines and good fuel /I gave him a set of remaned injectors to try and no improvement /he checked compression said it was above 300 across board / put some sort of injector and fuel cleaner in it / nothing helps . truck starts on1 crank does not stall or really hesitate( I have personally seen that when he came by to get injectors ) but seems to almost buck or pulse when u hit throttle hard (didn't really seem to be a hesitation ,if that makes sense ) / any way I said I would post for him and see if someone might have an idea or 2 thx
Sounds like a bad injection pump. Mine would hesitate on throttle impulse, not react well to sudden additional engine load, and would stall if I just dropped the throttle to coast. Sending it off for rebuild left me feeling like I had a brand new truck.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks