• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lighting system.

dmuldrew

I’m the new owner of a M998. I need to add a plate light to be legal. I haven’t checked yet. I know the ignition system is 24v. How about the lights?

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’m the new owner of a M998. I need to add a plate light to be legal. I haven’t checked yet. I know the ignition system is 24v. How about the lights?
All 24V. The great auction site has 'em.

springer1981

I went to a local auto parts store and bought a 12v plate light and asked the guy for a 24v bulb that fit. 3 minutes later I was on my way with a 24v plate light.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
That's the way to do it or snag a 24 volt bulb out of an old military lamp housing. Tap into existing tail lamp circuit, left or right side.

Save the online 50 bucks on a license plate set-up. You will need lots BUCKS down the road.

DIY and save, CAMO

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those Military Guys advertise here and have a 24VB license plate bracket with a light. I broke the light, backing against a tree for a trail brake, but I was able to replace it.
As noted, lots of options!
BDGR

HUNvee

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a used motorbike plate holder, and changed the light to led. It was less than 10 bucks.
Used the existing holes to mount under the tailgate.

911joeblow

LEDs usually don't care if it is 12V or 24V so I use them whenever possible. They also dont fail like incandescent and use much less power too.

warcow105

*Some LEDs work great with 24v.
Look for ones that are 24v only. If you go for ones that say they are for 12-24, only get ones from reputable companies. Not all of them have active current regulators to deal with different voltages. I recently got one that went from around .3w at 12v to several watts the closer I got it to 24v... Well outside what I'm sure the LEDs were rated to handle. I pulled them open and found a simple current limiting resistor. Sure they would probably work at 24v, the question is for how long.

Mike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks