• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

replacing steering axle boot with zipper

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have the hubs been serviced / bearings repacked buy you or anytime in the near past? If not then I like to do a hub service and replace the boot non zipper then.

CHIEFSONN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the trick in getting to keep the wire band on and the rubber seal to work with each other I was defeated this after noon so I thought I would ask,if there is some thing that I am not doing and that there is some thing that I should be doing that I not.

sandcobra164

Have an assistant, clamp down the outer flange of the boot and have Soldier B position the boot to allow you to focus on the inner clamp. I'll chime in as others have, have you ever performed the Annual Maintenance on the bearings? It's work for sure but it pays for itself with less downtime. My friend Welder1 asks me this question from time to time concerning my truck. My reply is "the grease was in the palm of my hand before it went all the way to the bearing race from the inside".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks