• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Back on the road, near Cumberland Maryland

Cgray

M1088 slowly died while going uphill and slowed to a stop and lost power.

Possibly alternator dead dead but batteries are full and it will turn over but no start.

Call LL if anyone can help with assistance even advice

262-510-8558

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Fold the cab. Drivers side look at the engine computer it’s on the block. To the right of the computer is a power filter box. They go bad all the time and the engine computer looses power. Measure voltage in and out if that box. There is a breaker in the dash for it. Sometimes it trips the breaker also.

coachgeo

Look at fuel filter... Try primer to see if it pumps with some tension? If tension but still no run maybe fuel filter?

If it will it run short while after priming then you may have an air leak .

coachgeo

I have pulled and dumped the primary filter. The pump is getting firm but has never tried to start
hmm...... guess you go to what Will/suprman suggest then.

... power filter box. They go bad all the time and the engine computer looses power. Measure voltage in and out if that box. There is a breaker in the dash for it. Sometimes it trips the breaker also.
Will.. that electric filter box can be by passed right?

coachgeo

drain a cup of fuel from bottom of tank to see if you have algae or water in the tank. Hate to ask..... but you sure you put diesel in it at last fuel stop and not gas. ?

Cgray

drain a cup of fuel from bottom of tank to see if you have algae or water in the tank. Hate to ask..... but you sure you put diesel in it at last fuel stop and not gas. ?
Honestly that’s why I drained the filters to check if the place sold me the wrong fuel.

It is diesel. My soaked clothes are a testament to it

Cgray

So got the fuel drained just as a precaution and added five gallons of know good diesel. Drained filters and lines and reprimed.

Nothing.

Dead truck.

Looks like Ike we are going to that CAT dealer via tow truck

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Is your oil level at the mark? Dunno if it's a c7 or 26. A c7 will die if the oil level is low. especially on a hill
Do you have a test light to check for power to the fsv?

I always jumped the starter with a screwdriver while I pump the prinee for cranking. Bleeding either one shouldn't be that bad

Last edited:

Cgray

I
Is your oil level at the mark? Dunno if it's a c7 or 26. A c7 will die if the oil level is low. especially on a hill
Do you have a test light to check for power to the fsv?

I always jumped the starter with a screwdriver while I pump the prinee for cranking. Bleeding either one shouldn't be that bad
It is a C7.

Checked the oil and it was good to go and at the full mark.

Cgray

Most cat dealers are good with them. I would start by seeing if they can communicate with the engine computer and go from there.
Will
Trying to convince them to hook it up today and try to communicate with it. The service manager wanted to push me off until next week sometime.

Waiting on the owner to make a decision, seems like a good group of guys and I am hoping for the best.

Cgray

Trying to convince them to hook it up today and try to communicate with it. The service manager wanted to push me off until next week sometime.

Waiting on the owner to make a decision, seems like a good group of guys and I am hoping for the best.
Ok. CAT computer on.

3lbs fuel pressure
220 lbs oil pressure. (Needs over 800 to start)

Looks like Heui pump gear has failed.

Anyone have ave one laying around they want to sell?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks