• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MTVR Cost

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
They were not familiar with the 12 24 system so they did not touch it. batteries were missing from the truck. They didn't know about caging the brakes

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
So you personally inspected the truck or are just guessing ?
I called and talked to the site rep the week before it sold and asked questions about loadout times and their area for loadout and he offered up information about why it was listed as a non runner.

Gsa does not offer up much to help improve their sales like repairs Gov planet has done. They just put does not run on every thing that did not drive in there. Montgomery GSA has done this alot recently. Its amazing what some fresh batteries will do.

Last edited:

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So true we just recovered a 1084.
Tried to jump truck nothing would come to life, got to checking and positive was broke off battery from slave port fixed that then truck came to life

But still no start so tow bar comes out. We tried airing truck up but would not hold air

Worked on truck Saturday and batteries were the trick truck started and runs great.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And yes they either use the caging bolts and take them with them or throw them away

We had to cage and needed 4 more and every truck with the exception of one wreck had no caging bolts either in the cans or in their storage spot.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
We shall see what they bring . Chances are the first few week of sale prices will be high and then level off to a point. Neat trucks. Would be fun to have one but not much I could really do with it. Just too big.

Last edited by a moderator:

tjwareusmc

So I’m guessing we can’t share info about bids or pre-bid amounts on the auctions? I’m 2 for 2 with posts being edited by mods now. Someone please fill me in because I thought the thread was about what we thought these were going to go for. It seems like relevant info if we are already getting outbid...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I’m guessing we can’t share info about bids or pre-bid amounts on the auctions? I’m 2 for 2 with posts being edited by mods now. Someone please fill me in because I thought the thread was about what we thought these were going to go for. It seems like relevant info if we are already getting outbid...

Auction Postings:
Please abide by the following rules concerning the posting of auction information in the forums:
• Do NOT post about future or current GL/GP(GovPlanet)/GSA/eBay (including items for sale in buy-it-now formats)/local/city/state/Federal/estate auctions. You may post about any auction after the auction is closed.
• Do not post links to auction photos.
• Do not post links to GL/GP(GovPlanet)/GSA(or other sites)that have links that quit working after a short period of time. Save the image to your PC and then attach it to your post.
• Do NOT post links to current eBay auctions or Craig's List ads that are not your own. You may post a link to your own auction/ad only if it is in an information/discussion thread about your vehicle/item. Do not start a post in the Conversations forum or your vehicle specific forum just to announce your auction/ad.
• No collusion as specified above.

tjwareusmc

Auction Postings:
Please abide by the following rules concerning the posting of auction information in the forums:
• Do NOT post about future or current GL/GP(GovPlanet)/GSA/eBay (including items for sale in buy-it-now formats)/local/city/state/Federal/estate auctions. You may post about any auction after the auction is closed.
• Do not post links to auction photos.
• Do not post links to GL/GP(GovPlanet)/GSA(or other sites)that have links that quit working after a short period of time. Save the image to your PC and then attach it to your post.
• Do NOT post links to current eBay auctions or Craig's List ads that are not your own. You may post a link to your own auction/ad only if it is in an information/discussion thread about your vehicle/item. Do not start a post in the Conversations forum or your vehicle specific forum just to announce your auction/ad.
• No collusion as specified above.
Thanks for the info. It’s been a few years since I was active on here and I didn’t remember there being so many rules. Makes me feel like a PFC again.

tjwareusmc

I’m a little worried about paying a certain amount for one of these first trucks then hundreds or thousands of these trucks being sold and flooding the market like happened with the 5 tons.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How many do you think they will sell? 100 1000? Hopefully a lot is a neat truck but seems pretty electrical.
Roughly 12,000 built but they wont come across the auction block until the units get new equipment so it will be a rolling phase I'm sure. I wouldn't count on all 12,000 coming out of course since a lot of them got armored overseas. At this point it's anyone's guess as to domestic quantity but there will likely be plenty for a short while.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks