• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MTVR Cost

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We shall see what they bring . Chances are the first few week of sale prices will be high and then level off to a point. Neat trucks. Would be fun to have one but not much I could really do with it. Just too big.

Too big? Impossible!!!!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Too big? Impossible!!!!
Where he lives it will barely clear a bridge if at all. Lots of 10ft 6in or 12ft bridges. As well as tight streets

However will the tractors with the rear steer would make parrel parking easier

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
In CT I can reg anything over 20 years old as antique with pretty much no restriction on use. Anything under 20 years old, that size, there is only commercial registration. Nowhere to drive it anyways. The growler might be interesting if you can fix most of it with off the shelf parts. Even though its newer it smaller and could prob be reg as a pickup truck. That size it would just have to pass emissions for its year. Not emissions exempt until 25 years old.

Gunzy

How many do you think they will sell? 100 1000? Hopefully a lot is a neat truck but seems pretty electrical.
Not going to be a lot as there have only been about 12000 of all configurations produced to date and many are armored or have been upgraded to armor.

Gunzy

In CT I can reg anything over 20 years old as antique with pretty much no restriction on use. Anything under 20 years old, that size, there is only commercial registration. Nowhere to drive it anyways. The growler might be interesting if you can fix most of it with off the shelf parts. Even though its newer it smaller and could prob be reg as a pickup truck. That size it would just have to pass emissions for its year. Not emissions exempt until 25 years old.
The ITVs are diesel. Not all states/counties have diesel I/M testing.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The ITVs are diesel. Not all states/counties have diesel I/M testing.
I was checking the check book when I first saw the ITV's. Decided it was not the best toy for me and the local mud pit.
Curb weight 4536. Is cute and looks like a lot of cool extras like rear steer air bag and such but going to pass.

tjwareusmc

I’m thinking based on the listing that the rear steering may have “demilitarized”. I see it says the rear steering has been welded to the frame. I’m not sure why, or if and how it can be circumvented. God, I hope I didn’t break a forum rule by mentioning it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see it says the rear steering has been welded to the frame. I’m not sure why, or if and how it can be circumvented.
I don't know this to be the case, but I suspect that welding may have something to do with addressing reports I've seen floating around about related vehicle fatalities.

Folks on this site by and large know there can be unsafe aspects of the vehicles we love and operate. That we mitigate with knowledge. But the general public... I just hope nobody gets hurt by these things.

tjwareusmc

I don't know this to be the case, but I suspect that welding may have something to do with addressing reports I've seen floating around about related vehicle fatalities.

Folks on this site by and large know there can be unsafe aspects of the vehicles we love and operate. That we mitigate with knowledge. But the general public... I just hope nobody gets hurt by these things.
I could see that. I didn’t know anything about these vehicles, or even know if their existence until last week. I got out before they came around. They sure are cool though.

Asval

I'm personally holding out for a mk31 but no luck so far, they just added 5 more and they're all mk23's.

Starting to think that it might be better to buy one of those and just add a fifth wheel to it at a later date, use the flatbed to haul around an rv box and then maybe modify the flatbed latter on to were it can hold both the fifth wheel and still be used to haul around the rv bed if I need to.

Main difference between the both of them are the suspension on the mk23 which might be easy to swap out for the hendrickson since both vehicles are similar, the rear steering on the mk31 might be more trouble than it's worth and I'm guessing if it breaks it might not be easy to repair or fix it so it doesn't turn anymore like they did to the ITV's.

tjwareusmc

It was an exciting day. I was in the running on several vehicles but was ultimately outbid. Amazing trucks.

Asval

A newer 2010 MTVR went for $35K plus the 20% for fees & taxes, way too rich for my blood & bank account.
It was a 2006 and it went for that price because it was the last one so everyone started fighting for it, I was gunning for the one with least miles but gave up when I bid $30k :evil:. Sorry that I made the price jump to whoever bought it, hopefully once people have gotten their bank accounts depleted on the mk23's a mk31 will pop up that I can buy at a good price :twisted:.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
There are only a few of MK31s slated to come thru. So don't hold your breath on a good price.

Also realize that even at those prices the surplus giants can still sell a truck of that quality to another country for double that maybe even triple.... I know Morocco just paid along the lines of $60,000 per truck for some M923A2s and M931A2s with an order of about 40 trucks total.

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are only a few of MK31s slated to come thru. So don't hold your breath on a good price.

Also realize that even at those prices the surplus giants can still sell a truck of that quality to another country for double that maybe even triple.... I know Morocco just paid along the lines of $60,000 per truck for some M923A2s and M931A2s with an order of about 40 trucks total.
Do they need any more?

TacMac2012

Maybe now I can sell the gun turret mount I have for a MTVR. Got it through GovLiq about 4 years ago. fleabay here I come (in 6 months or so when I feel like taking pictures of it...)

On a side note, a wrecker version MTVR would be a nice replacement for the underpowered M1089.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks