• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M 1070 HET transmission issue

jeepls2

hi, i recently picked up a m 1070 het and i am having issues with transmission. we found this out when trying to move it to get it loaded after purchase. it has the allison CLT754 . the transmission moves good in forward but reverse it barely will move. the transmission looks like the rear section of trans has gotten so hot the tan paint turned pink. anyone have any experience working on the allison of this size. i am in the process of removing trans now. thank-you for any info.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
hi, i recently picked up a m 1070 het and i am having issues with transmission. we found this out when trying to move it to get it loaded after purchase. it has the allison CLT754 . the transmission moves good in forward but reverse it barely will move. the transmission looks like the rear section of trans has gotten so hot the tan paint turned pink. anyone have any experience working on the allison of this size. i am in the process of removing trans now. thank-you for any info.
Any allison facility can rebuild or repair it. More than likely something was put together poorly and caused the failure. Open it up and look for obvious or have the operator look in the mirror
. The old cat 7155 transmissions had a shaft that gears rode on and supplied oil to the rear output bearing. Unfortunately someone didnt check that the shaft did not get drilled all the way thru to allow oil flow. This was a rebuild depot transmission. Wonder how many transmissions burned up before they surplus'd

As far as a 754 there is one on Ebay for $20,000. Pfft. And another one for 4k.

jeepls2

Any allison facility can rebuild or repair it. More than likely something was put together poorly and caused the failure. Open it up and look for obvious or have the operator look in the mirror
. The old cat 7155 transmissions had a shaft that gears rode on and supplied oil to the rear output bearing. Unfortunately someone didnt check that the shaft did not get drilled all the way thru to allow oil flow. This was a rebuild depot transmission. Wonder how many transmissions burned up before they surplus'd

As far as a 754 there is one on Ebay for $20,000. Pfft. And another one for 4k.
ok. thanks. i am in the process of removing it now. it is quite an undertaking since they put the air compressors, hydraulic pump and pto all on top of trans on back of engine. we are thinking about pulling cab to make job a little easier.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
ok. thanks. i am in the process of removing it now. it is quite an undertaking since they put the air compressors, hydraulic pump and pto all on top of trans on back of engine. we are thinking about pulling cab to make job a little easier.
It is a cab off procedure

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks