• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got a issue with my Vic 1

CMPPhil

Hi

Try unplugoing the bailout connection a couple of times this sometimes cures the problem.
Obvious question if you reverse the location of the headsets swap them at the bailout connection does the problem switch sides. If so likely bad head set. If problem doesn't move then swap the entire cable each side box to head set, if the problem moves the bad cable.

Are you using military headsets? I've been using Vic 1 in my trucks for years, and the bad news is that the headset cables go bad from being bent, even NOS units seem to fail at certain locations along the cable from either wire breaking or isolation breaking in side and shorting the wires together.

Keep us posted on what you find.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
You have to isolate the problem.

Swap headsets to boxes. If same issue, swap crew boxes with each other. if same problem swap you CX4723 cables. If same problem, barrow an AM1780 with someone for doing a test.

Do you have a radio installed using an MT1029 radio mount? If so, then you'll need to swap it and any cables out also if the issue persists.

shawnshumvee

ok. I'm going to do all the tips i have been given and clean all connections. I did swap out bail out cables and got the same result, which is why i think the issues is in the head set? but will keep playing with it and keep you guys posted.

tcruwithme

I'm no expert here, but I thought the branch of the bailout cable with the yellow tag gets plugged into the control box port with the yellow mark (J-803). In your photo, you have it the other way. Again, I am no expert here and learning this VIC-1 stuff myself. Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks