• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Can someone ID this winch

Skrilex

Banned
Picked up this pto winch today. Looks similar to the hmmwv units. Appears to have two solenoids acting on one valve. Has 4 wires, two each solenoid. Does this mean it can power out? I’ve never worked with a pto winch but it seems like standard hydraulic stuff. I couldn’t find much from the I’d tag other than specs on the motor end.

F6A62CE3-A600-44B8-BD85-37D34AAAD1A1.jpgA16924F7-79F1-4B89-9B5A-26A16FB44E89.jpg6E2C54F6-8240-4E68-B7C5-97679DA1ECAF.jpg7EEAF910-886C-4356-BB86-66547670EA3E.jpg

DREDnot

looks like the mile marker hydraulic winch that was on my 91 Jeep YJ.
It was plumbed into the power steering lines.
It powered in and out with a high and low speed.
Nice winch.

DSCN7300.jpg

DSCN8116.jpg

Last edited:

springer1981

Definitely a Mile Marker since it says it right on it. Looks like a 10,500 lb winch. The solenoids probably say 24V on them. The hard line and valve setup is identical to the winch setup for a HMMWV. If the last picture shows the mounting brackets I can't tell what they are from the picture.

Hint, be very careful of the solenoids sticking up, what they are mounted on is relatively fragile and if the winch is allowed to roll over and the solenoids stop it from roller, it will damage the valve and it could be a very costly fix. I just fixed mine. The one on the winch was previously damaged and my replacement was also damaged.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks