• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hmmwv front bumper options

Icecold1

What are the options out there for a sturdy front bumper to protect our rigs? The ibis tec ones seem to sell for a ton of cash and definatly rob ground clearance.yet still allows the hood to open. It also must be bolt on so removal and return to stock is easy

im looking for some sort of bumper that offers full frontal coverage and is tough as nails,without robbing ground clearance any more than necessary.it would be a bonus if it was winch compatable or allowed a winch to connect to it using multiple 2" reciever mounts. So I could also fab up a rear mount for the winch in case it becomes necessary to move it.

I currently installed a rear airlift bumper and now I need to do somthing for the front.it appears from searching I may need to make my own from some 2"x8" tube steel.from time to time there is a bumper someone is making on the big auction site that is close to what I think would work.

Anyone have any ideas or pics of their custom front bumpers?

thanks
pete

springer1981

My suggestion would be to do a google search on "HMMWV front bumper" then click on "Images" and start looking at all the pictures. Find one you like then start asking questions on the ones you like.

I have yet to see a front bumper I like the looks of. Most of them stick out a foot in front and are hideous looking. The Mile Marker winch mounts flush to the front and doesn't deter from the looks IMO. I have a brush guard on mine but that is no substitute for a bumper.

I think one of the reasons all the bumpers stick out so much is there is no way to support the ends with the tires so far forward. I've been thinking about making a front bumper to match the rear air lift bumper. I'm waiting until I mount my winch first.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks