• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

voltmeter connection question

319cssb

The voltmeter was disconnected in my 813. Can someone tell me where the wire to the gauge should be connected in the battery box?
I've been searching in the TM but I couldn't find anything conclusive

jjmartinez1982

I’m new at this too and I THINK a wire goes from the battery switch to the voltmeter and then the meter also gets a ground. I think. I, like you, am currently going through the TMs looking for similar info on this as the previous owner didn’t know what they were doing and wired the batteries up kinda weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It comes thru a wire spider in the dash that powers your temp and oil gauge as well. It receives its power from the on switch activated thru the PCB under the hood.

If your temp and oil gauge power up then that wire has power

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The post above yours has a direct link to the wiring schematic.

It clearly shows only one small wire(probably the one in your picture). Wire number 569.

Does that wire have a wire identifying metal band on it?

Wire 569 supplies the cold start system with 12v.

It looks like your truck has been reconfigured to use only 2 batteries. If so, and that is the wire, it goes on either battery(that has the interconnecting cable). To clarify, "in between the two batteries".

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, so if it is 569, it can attach to one of the(2) 5-6" long cables.

Doesn't matter which one or to which end of them.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
@ Simp5782 You answered my question. The gauge didn't make good contact with the connector.
If you aren't keen on just military gauges you can get the small digital display unit from Amazon for like $7.They range from 6v to 30v on a single unit. I have one wired up so i can see an accurate voltage not just green/yellow. Mine would always show yellow at idle cause of the low output i thought but it was actually putting out 27.2v.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, did you connect the wire in question? Did it have a wire number on it?

If so, does your cold start system seem to work now?

If not, try it and see if the light on the dash comes on.

319cssb

Hi Porkysplace . No, i decided to hold off on that wire thing as there is no tag on the wire. I found some disconnected wires on the glow plug relay and someone topd me that wire could be from the heater.
Ill post an update when I revisit this. For now my voltmeter works, which was what this thread was about.
And that wire apparently has nothing to do with the voltage gauge circuit

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The voltmeter was disconnected in my 813. Can someone tell me where the wire to the gauge should be connected in the battery box?
I've been searching in the TM but I couldn't find anything conclusive
What does this wire connect to?
Hi Porkysplace . No, i decided to hold off on that wire thing as there is no tag on the wire. I found some disconnected wires on the glow plug relay and someone topd me that wire could be from the heater.
Ill post an update when I revisit this. For now my voltmeter works, which was what this thread was about.
And that wire apparently has nothing to do with the voltage gauge circuit
Yeah but you ask about that wire in 2 posts .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks