• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Death of a CUCV Legend

grayw0lf

After a happy 12 years, my CUCV is dead, victim to a 30" diameter tree knocked over by Thursday's tornado.

I'd love to somehow save it, but its in rough shape. Besides the back being obviously crunched, the rear axle is bent, top is in pieces, body is twisted enough to where the driver seat is touching the side of the truck. Other than being smashed, she was in perfect condition, with a decent bit of customization.

IMAG4054.jpg

FloridaAKM

That is just a disaster, looks like your home had a bit of customization also. Sell it on GP with a sticker that states, ran when parked. JK! Sorry for your loss, hope you & your family are safe & sound.

grayw0lf

That is just a disaster, looks like your home had a bit of customization also. Sell it on GP with a sticker that states, ran when parked. JK! Sorry for your loss, hope you & your family are safe & sound.
Everyone is safe & sound, which is definitely the important part.

I still have delusions of finding finding a body donor, though the frame may be messed up & it won't currently go far/at all due to an obviously bent rear axle.

grayw0lf

The CUCV did give itself to save my house. I have minor roof damage. If the CUCV were not parked where it was, it would have surely caved in the entire carport & crushed the new truck.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was it insured for such a loss?

Michael

There should be plenty of body donors out there as many as was sold out of Montgomery. I have one in Tishomingo, MS but that would be a long way to drag it back. The big question would be if the frame is bent so it can keep its title and if it would be worth the effort.

Let's change that to cost effective. We all know it would be worth it but if the frame is bent or maybe even if it isn't, it might cost less to just buy another one and move your upgrades to it.

Last edited:

319cssb

That's just terrible. I can feel your pain.
I could use a grill and some other parts, maybe your truck can save others

HoosierDaddy

Glad everyone is OK.
We had a tree just absolutely flatten the wifes Pontiac Sunfire years ago. After that, severe wind storms still make me a bit nervous. I don't think I ever truly knew fear until faced with the fury of Mother Nature howling like that. I made damm sure the next house had a basement....

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad all are OK! Vehicles are "things" and can be replaced. People? Nope..................take your time................think it through...................rebuild or part out. Outcome is up to you AND your "wallet".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks