• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who's running dynamic tire balancing beads?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
AME balancing fluid is available on amazon. 1 bottle does 2 tires. $115 for a case of 12 bottles

You can use air soft rifle beads as well

Napa sells the beads in 8oz and 16oz packs for around $8 a pack

50/50 antifreeze works as well. 1 pint is all you need.

14oz is the amount of beads for a 395 tire

Acme66 did it with fluid.

Reworked LMTV

AME balancing fluid is available on amazon. 1 bottle does 2 tires. $115 for a case of 12 bottles

You can use air soft rifle beads as well

Napa sells the beads in 8oz and 16oz packs for around $8 a pack

50/50 antifreeze works as well. 1 pint is all you need.

14oz is the amount of beads for a 395 tire

Acme66 did it with fluid.
Sounds like the balancing fluid is Ok with CTIS, or am I wrong?

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
At least with antifreeze you can pump it into the tire through the valve stem and not have to break down your tires.
Most of the balancing compounds can (e.g. antifreeze, beads, liquid, etc.). It's really only the airsoft pellets that can not.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Just to be clear...... you are talking 14 oz volume not weight. Right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When it comes to beads its 14oz of weighted beads for a 395. Being that a 14.00 is slighly larger and takes 16oz.

Antifreeze weights 9lbs per gallon with 18oz of weight per 16oz of fluid(1 pint) You are going to loose some on air up anyway so it's a close enough measurement

Attachments

spankybear

In my research I found a post/video/something i can't remember on the internets where they showed rust and corrosion from running antifreeze. I have been looking at the "counteract" beads for my tires. Has anyone here ran these? There is a youtuber "brokeoverland" who has used them. I am looking to see if anyone who is running these had issues. The have a place where you can find how much to use. According to the link below they are saying 16oz per tire.

spankybear

Issue with counteract beads is that any little moisture in the tire and they clump up.
Is this just from your experience or is this sited somewhere? I read that the will stay in place due to static. But I don't know if that's an issue.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Is this just from your experience or is this sited somewhere? I read that the will stay in place due to static. But I don't know if that's an issue.
Experience. Broke down a tire last week that it was clumped up. Its still at my shop I'll take a pic of what it looks like. Even with just moisture of airing it up it clumped sitting for about a month upright.

This really happens if any extra tire lube or soap gets into the tire. Water. Soap. Beads at the bottom for any period of time is going to clump together and stay together. I have to use the monkey snot soap on the beads of the larger tires on the outside to clog the bead for air to not escape sometimes it gets inside as well.

They say they don't clump up with "ambient moisture" meaning if it's cold or raining outside. If you have an air dryer that is allowing any moisture to get by and then the wet tank doesn't catch it then its going to get into the ctis system. Especially if the system has a leak and has to work hard for some reason Then it's just in there

coachgeo

Does it really matter much if beads clump? while not as effective if it had remained beads.... it still will serves the same purpose when it comes to physics of the balancing. In fact do not some of the bead companies actually put bags of beads in the tire when its disassembled and not the beads alone. Heck the folk who used golf balls had no issue with the golf balls balancing things..... the balls just got beat to shiat and beat up the inside of the tires and rims.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Does it really matter much if beads clump? while not as effective if it had remained beads.... it still will serves the same purpose when it comes to physics of the balancing. In fact do not some of the bead companies actually put bags of beads in the tire when its disassembled and not the beads alone. Heck the folk who used golf balls had no issue with the golf balls balancing things..... the balls just got beat to shiat and beat up the inside of the tires and rims.
I had beads stuck to the inside of the bead all the way around that stuck to any tire goop that got inside

coachgeo

Ask Sean Filner

He's still swearing by coolant.

I think I will pass on all solutions until the day comes that I don't need the CTIS system.

Too much gunk potential....
Not any more........ he discovered it quickly disappears..... apparently gets dispelled by the inflate deflate of the ctis orr.. who knows where..... but it seems to find a way to disappear.

coachgeo

I had beads stuck to the inside of the bead all the way around that stuck to any tire goop that got inside
that makes since...... if it sticks in one place then that may be worse.... unless an imbalance shakes them loose and they fly off to get stuck to the spot that puts them back in balance again. Sounds like by your description of "all the way around" indicates that is not what is appearing to have happened though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks