• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-002a pump parts

Gorms

Hello, first post here. I have gone through a decent amount of info from this site, there is definetly a lot of knowledge floating around here.

Which leads me to another M50/MEP-002A injector pump question!

Brought mine home a couple (2?) years ago, missing a bunch of parts so just wanted to see if it would fire. First mistake I made was barring the motor over by hand, heard some hard "click" noises from the IP area. Most likely broke something.
Either way, fuel rack lever was very stiff. Pumped through a mixture of PB blaster, #2, and ATF with the aux. pump, got a steady flow on the return line. Lever moves freely now. With aux pump on, fuel lever up, cranking, never got fuel to injector lines.

Opened hex head delivery valve nut, and the whole valve came out? Meaning the threaded delivery valve holder is still attached to the cap somehow. And found the little nylon spacer at the base of the valve was broken and brittle.

I basically gave up when I found the spacer was not readily available, nor could I find any parts for this darn pump besides plunger guides and gaskets. I guess spring time has encouraged me to dig into it again.

Anyone have a source for parts? I'm not afraid to open the pump up, but I can't find a decent supplier for parts, which scares me.

Thanks in advance,
Matt

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Ive got a bunch of parts. Look in the book and let me know which parts you want, or PM me your phone number and I'll try to call wed evening.

jamawieb

I have a bunch of parts too if you need them. Just remember that if something is wrong with the plunger you can't switch them around from another unit. The plunger and head are manufactured together and the specs correspond to each other.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Delk's.

Google it

Gorms

I have not tried ambac....can't find any part number/diagrams, figured they would need those.

Ended up working the little plunger in and out under the delivery valve, it took some persuading at first. After a good number of cycles in and out it just about moves by hand now. Seems like throttle stiffened a bit after driving the plunger in, then freed up again. Is this plunger supposed to return/follow the cam by itself? With the delivery valve removed that is.

Below I added some pictures.... first, does the delivery valve holder need to be removed.from the cap, they are somehow bonded together now. I think I know the answer.

Second, I recall there being a nylon type spacer/washer under the delivery valve that was brittle and cracked. Right now that might be the only part I need? Just to see if it will push fuel to the injectors at least... anyone have one they are willing to part with? (#6 in diagram below) edit can't seem to upload pictures, will have to try from a PC.

Thanks,
Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks