• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939 fuel tank dimension question

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm thinking of mounting a 81 gal fuel tank from a M939 on my deuce.

I'm trying to figure out the total space and I think mine might be tight.

I wonder if anyone's that got one mounted could tell me the width - from the frame to the outside of the tank (that is, the tank with the brackets)?

Thank you for any assistance.

74M35A2

I'm thinking of mounting a 81 gal fuel tank from a M939 on my deuce.

I'm trying to figure out the total space and I think mine might be tight.

I wonder if anyone's that got one mounted could tell me the width - from the frame to the outside of the tank (that is, the tank with the brackets)?

Thank you for any assistance.

I'll measure and post this for you late tonight. My truck is an A2, so it has the angle filler neck. Core tank dimensions may be same as A1 and first gen, not sure, but assuming to be so.

Anvilface

I just measured ours. On a 923a1...fuel tank size from outside to frame rail about 24 inches. Add about 2-3 inches for the bracket at the frame rail. The height of the tank is about 17 inches, and the length (bow to stern) is about 43 inches. Hope that helps

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks