• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 compressor won't quit building air

Jatsfirebird

Compressor won't quit. Every 5 seconds air pops off. Any ideas? Had some guys tell me there is a line from the dryer back to the compressor that might have a leak but didn't.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Compressor won't quit. Every 5 seconds air pops off. Any ideas? Had some guys tell me there is a line from the dryer back to the compressor that might have a leak but didn't.
Take the lower line off the bottom of the governor that has a cotton jacket with a JIC fitting. With it removed you should hear the purge signal for air right there. See if its a single constant air pressure or if it is doing short bursts repeatedly the every 5 seconds you speak of. This indicates a bad governor if it is constantly purging. Have a truck I am working on that is doing the same thing. That line could also be clogged up going to the dryer but unlikely.

Governor # KN18530 from Napa or Oreillys or other truck parts place.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Firewall. There is hard metal line that goes along the top of the firewall. You will see a bulkhead T fitting directly in the center. Follow it to the passengers side. It is the next thing in line. Will be square with a round end. The metal line will continue from that governor to the horn solenoid.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Does the wipers and horn work. Could be the ppv
a constant purge from the dryer means that something is sending air to the dryer in order for it to purge. It won't purge without a signal source. It will only have the pop off valve going off if it is overbuilding pressure. The pop off valve will dump the air far enough down it will take 20 to 30 seconds to rebuild and its a very long pop off when they go to protect the system.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks