• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2019 Spring Rausch Creek Rally

Lukes_deuce

Hey Everybody, its that time of year again, for the bi-annual Rausch Creek Rally!

We will be having the rally Friday 5/17 to Sunday 5/19 at Rausch Creek Off Road Park.

Rausch Creek Offroad Park
453 Molleystown Rd
Pine Grove,PA 17963

Coordinates:
N40° 36.5074'
W76° 26.9170'

Rausch Creek offers the following...

• On site primitive camping.
  • 3,000 acres of easy, intermediate, and hard trails. We stick to the easy ones due to the size of our trucks.
  • Trails can accommodate MVs of all sizes, shapes etc.
  • Alcohol is permitted after wheeling for the day.
  • Most of the group will hit the trails for the day. You are welcome to stay at camp until the group returns.

Rausch Creek's website has info including rules, camping info, lodging info and a FAQ. Please visit their site here - Rausch Creek Off Road Park

To ride in the park one or two forms must be filled out. The forms are a requirement from Rausch Creek. You may fill out the forms in advance or when you arrive. Download them from here if you wish - Rausch Creek Membership

What you can expect...

• A good time with MV enthusiasts, friends, camping, beverages and most importantly offroading!
  • For information on the off road park, please see -

• We'll hit the trails at 9:00 AM on Saturday. If everybody is up and ready to go earlier we'll go earlier. Please be paid, signed up and ready to go. Pack a lunch as we will be out for the day and will take a break to eat. At the end of the day we'll take a group photo.

What you need to do...

• Get your vehicle ready. C'mon, don't miss this!
  • Sign up! - If you are interested sign up for the event on this thread and include the following information...
    • The MV or MVs you are bringing.
    • Date of arrival.
    • State if you are camping and the number of people in your group.

• Let us know how you can pitch in. Tell us if you can offer assistance by bringing something to help out, organize, etc... From reading past threads I've seen folks offer the following...
    • A Generator.
    • Firewood - PLEASE BRING SOME FIREWOOD
    • Early arrivals to reserve space on Thursday.

We usually set up camp, on the right side of the parking lot just as it opens up. This is not a sponsored event so all military vehicles are welcomed. Do not bring your modified jeep or trail rig, as you will be disappointed with the trails the group will go on. Depending on the amount of vehicles, we can split up and have the groups go on varying difficulty of trails. Any questions, post on here and hope to see you in May!

64deuce

I will be arriving the evening of 5/17. M35A2, 5000 watt generator, firewood, gas and plenty of camping gear. Never been there before but I think I have a handle on it from reading the threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I may just head out there as well. Had my truck for 3 years now, and have never left long island with it. Bought it with 3,000 miles has 20,000 now. I see no issues with driving this truck to rausch Creek and back. Definitely need to move up a few spares. Where you guys coming from? From here that's about a 3-4 he ride (I also have to go through New York traffic for about an hour)

Lukes_deuce

I will be arriving the evening of 5/17. M35A2, 5000 watt generator, firewood, gas and plenty of camping gear. Never been there before but I think I have a handle on it from reading the threads.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome and thanks for joining us! Sounds like you have the bases covered. Any other questions, post on here or get in touch with me. Ill send you my cell number in a PM.

Lukes_deuce

I think I may just head out there as well. Had my truck for 3 years now, and have never left long island with it. Bought it with 3,000 miles has 20,000 now. I see no issues with driving this truck to rausch Creek and back. Definitely need to move up a few spares. Where you guys coming from? From here that's about a 3-4 he ride (I also have to go through New York traffic for about an hour)
I think its time to venture off the island as well! Tires are an important thing, make sure to bring a good spare. I highly suggest airing down once you get to Rausch as well. Plan on 5 to 6 hours if you leave during the day on Friday. I usually leave at 930/10AM on Friday and arrive Rausch by 4pm. You can double your usual driving time in a car. Ill shoot you over my cell number in a PM. Not sure when your planning on heading out, but we can convoy together if your leaving Friday morning. I should have another member from here with a deuce coming with me.

Lukes_deuce

Now just for an update for the group, as of today 4/8, I know of 9 trucks coming and maybe two more. Looking to be a great event! Keep working on those trucks and get them in tip top shape!

Hey Luke sounds like a plan man. Only issues I have with my truck right now is need 2 tires on 2nd axle right side, and my air horn stopped working. Otherwise she's running tip top.

Also gonna have to get a bunch of supplies together.

Dattbigx

Looking forward to this weekend, I will have a couple of extra dog bones to bring along for 5 tons, I also made a tool for removing them, will have some other parts too.

Hey guys I know I've been quiet sorry Luke just busy with work. We're just cranking everyday and I get home and Im shot. I've been thinking and going over my deuce and I don't know if I can make it to rausch Creek. Like my truck needs some attention. Runs great but I have a suspension issue that I cannot figure out. And I need tires. Found a guy out in calverton and ad said he had 17 tires and rims $30/ piece. He responded "let me go count exactly how many I have and give you a definitive number" and that was a week ago, so....

Need a new strategy of getting some tires. I know the museum director at American airpower museum, he's a very nice guy but he's tough to get a hold of and he wants $250/ tire and rim but they're not new, most have 30-50%. Luke do you know anyone selling some tires and rims. I only have one more rim to mount a tire and have my spare on the truck. 2nd axle right side but the are basically slicks, and right side 3rd axle both are about 20-30%. All 4 on the left side have plenty meat and both fronts I put in new about 2 months ago. So for the trip I would want at least 3 to change the slicks and have a second spare.

And my suspension issue is that a tree fell on my truck about 40 years ago during it's time sitting dormant at the base in PA. It drives fine but leans to the right rear. If I look at my suspension in the rear, nothing is loose or broken. Nothing is broken either. Checked every spring no cracks. If I look at the dogbones, there is a visible difference left to right. The right ones are parallel with the ground, the left has an upward angle to them. So if the springs aren't bent what could be causing it to lean? I checked both frame rails they are as straight A's can be and no twist or warp.

So tires and the suspension are holding me back from making the trip. With your guys help and advice I would love to get it fixed before the trip.

Wow sorry for the long post.

Lukes_deuce

No worries, we are all busy. As far as tires goes, I dont have any of the NDTs. If you text me, I can give you the number of a local guy who has a lot of parts for deuces and is part of the local military vehicle club. Also, there is a large military vehicle show this weekend in north NJ, they will have tires there or I can give you some places to call that can bring tires to the show. If your looking for parts for your truck, this is the closest show to grab a bunch of stuff.

As far as the suspension, I would have to see it. I understand what your saying but its hard to investigate without knowing the truck.

Just looked through the MTA Sussex thread, there are 2 guys selling NDTs, in 9x20 and 11x20.

Hey guys I know I've been quiet sorry Luke just busy with work. We're just cranking everyday and I get home and Im shot. I've been thinking and going over my deuce and I don't know if I can make it to rausch Creek. Like my truck needs some attention. Runs great but I have a suspension issue that I cannot figure out. And I need tires. Found a guy out in calverton and ad said he had 17 tires and rims $30/ piece. He responded "let me go count exactly how many I have and give you a definitive number" and that was a week ago, so....

Need a new strategy of getting some tires. I know the museum director at American airpower museum, he's a very nice guy but he's tough to get a hold of and he wants $250/ tire and rim but they're not new, most have 30-50%. Luke do you know anyone selling some tires and rims. I only have one more rim to mount a tire and have my spare on the truck. 2nd axle right side but the are basically slicks, and right side 3rd axle both are about 20-30%. All 4 on the left side have plenty meat and both fronts I put in new about 2 months ago. So for the trip I would want at least 3 to change the slicks and have a second spare.

And my suspension issue is that a tree fell on my truck about 40 years ago during it's time sitting dormant at the base in PA. It drives fine but leans to the right rear. If I look at my suspension in the rear, nothing is loose or broken. Nothing is broken either. Checked every spring no cracks. If I look at the dogbones, there is a visible difference left to right. The right ones are parallel with the ground, the left has an upward angle to them. So if the springs aren't bent what could be causing it to lean? I checked both frame rails they are as straight A's can be and no twist or warp.

So tires and the suspension are holding me back from making the trip. With your guys help and advice I would love to get it fixed before the trip.

Wow sorry for the long post.

Last edited:
Hey guys. I'm getting in here to let you all know I can't come for the trip. I hope you all have a great time but i have to be real with myself and say that I'm not comfortable with the state of my truck to drive that far. As I said above, it needs tires, need to fix the suspension ( 4 of 6 of the torque rods are SHOT) and also I can't drop close to a grand right now (price for tires, torque rods, and 2 tanks of fuel for the drive)

I want to do a trip like this eventually but I think it's responsible of me to say I'm not ready.

Lukes_deuce

Sometimes the right decision is not the fun decision. But its the smart choice. Im always scrambling the few weekends before a trip to make sure everything is squared away on the rig. Consider taking a drive to the MTA show to look around and see the venue. Its a quick drive in a regular car.

Also we should meet one day. We are right down the road!

Hey guys. I'm getting in here to let you all know I can't come for the trip. I hope you all have a great time but i have to be real with myself and say that I'm not comfortable with the state of my truck to drive that far. As I said above, it needs tires, need to fix the suspension ( 4 of 6 of the torque rods are SHOT) and also I can't drop close to a grand right now (price for tires, torque rods, and 2 tanks of fuel for the drive)

I want to do a trip like this eventually but I think it's responsible of me to say I'm not ready.

daddy2

I went out there a few years ago. Asked kids if the wanted to go again and the answer was yes. So we’ll be heading out Friday afternoon. I’ll have a generator and can bring some chains and straps. I have some fire wood also. Just have to get new steering knuckle boots on. Total of 4 people in my group.

Lukes_deuce

Great! Looking forward to seeing ya there. Ill send you a PM with my number.

I went out there a few years ago. Asked kids if the wanted to go again and the answer was yes. So we’ll be heading out Friday afternoon. I’ll have a generator and can bring some chains and straps. I have some fire wood also. Just have to get new steering knuckle boots on. Total of 4 people in my group.

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been working on truck like crazy in hopes of getting out there with you. Broke into front axle to change seals and boots etc. only to discover a broken collar in the bottom of the pumpkin. Have a good takeout from Boyce in the back of my truck planning to get it in next weekend. Big job pulling the front completely apart. Then move some tires around and adjust rear brakes. Tall order let's see.

Lukes_deuce

Been working on truck like crazy in hopes of getting out there with you. Broke into front axle to change seals and boots etc. only to discover a broken collar in the bottom of the pumpkin. Have a good takeout from Boyce in the back of my truck planning to get it in next weekend. Big job pulling the front completely apart. Then move some tires around and adjust rear brakes. Tall order let's see.
Hey Tom, I know you can get it done! Let me know if you need a hand.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks