• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air line size

USN_Green_Addict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know where I can find these lines and fittings? Or is there a way I can buy them pre-bent?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

USN_Green_Addict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I forgot to put the rest of the post.
Went to move me truck today. I had 90 PSI of air, brakes were adjusted good. I only drove about 100 feet. Without any warning while sitting at a stop I presses in on the brakes saw steam come from the engine compartment and the brake pedal wasn't as firm as it was when I first started it up. Now when releasing the brake pedal I hear what sounds like air. I looked in the engine compartment and the air line that runs parallel with the air govenor line looks like it may have a kink. My airpack is freshly rebuilt. Any ideas of why this may be hapening or is it the possible kink?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know where I can find these lines and fittings? Or is there a way I can buy them pre-bent?

Doubt you will find them pre-bent , they are just copper tubing with ferals , the nut is re-usable but you will need new ferals . You could replace the with plastic tubing rated for air brakes , if you have a Parker dealer near you they should have everything or your local heavy truck parts supplier .

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I forgot to put the rest of the post.
Went to move me truck today. I had 90 PSI of air, brakes were adjusted good. I only drove about 100 feet. Without any warning while sitting at a stop I presses in on the brakes saw steam come from the engine compartment and the brake pedal wasn't as firm as it was when I first started it up. Now when releasing the brake pedal I hear what sounds like air. I looked in the engine compartment and the air line that runs parallel with the air govenor line looks like it may have a kink. My airpack is freshly rebuilt. Any ideas of why this may be hapening or is it the possible kink?

Are you losing brake fluid ?

USN_Green_Addict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes brake fluid is coming out the vent. Pic is of what happens when the brake is released and at 90 psi. Hard to tell without the video playing you can see it coming out of the vent. And yes air tanks were purged prior.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please attach pictures, not link them.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your air-pack has failed.

77 AMG

You might as well go ahead and replace the compressor to regulator line, and the 2 under the dash while you are there... I had air leaks at the pressure gauge AND the front axle switch. Cost less than $25 to fix them all... Air leaks SUCK. Especially on a system that uses air pressure for ALOT of things. Plus, field repair capability majorly increases with the new Nylon based lines, as opposed to the old copper stuff.

USN_Green_Addict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Company said only 30 day warranty and offered to discount me another one for $375. It lasted January till today and 150 ish miles.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks