• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M812 Bridge Truck Flat bed attachement Any for sale?

We are looking to possibly purchase the flat bed attachment you can use to pull up on a Bridge truck. Does anyone know of any for sale and what do these typically bring for $?

Any leads would be appreicated.
thanks,
Andy

m139h2otruck

I e-mailed Ted Hill awhile ago about the truck beds he has. They are not the M812 beds, but some type of rollback bed that is not as wide as the M812's. The bridge truck beds are over 10' wide so they will need a special permit if you run them on the road.

thats the one! Well I guess the quote I received from a guy who has one for sale wasn't out of line for price. I figure just the aluminum scrap value has to be worth quite a bit so they won't go too cheap. Is there anything special about this bed for the cable hookup, underneath structure, etc? I'm tempted to have a local fab shop quote me one made out of steel. Do you happen to have dimensions and an underside picture?

Thanks,
Andy

M1075

Andydieselpower said:
thats the one! Well I guess the quote I received from a guy who has one for sale wasn't out of line for price. I figure just the aluminum scrap value has to be worth quite a bit so they won't go too cheap. Is there anything special about this bed for the cable hookup, underneath structure, etc? I'm tempted to have a local fab shop quote me one made out of steel. Do you happen to have dimensions and an underside picture?

Thanks,
Andy
What quote did you get?

There isn't anything too special about the beds, except of course that they were designed to work with the truck and do the job! :lol: I don't have underside pics or dimensions but could try to get you whatever your need. Basically the frame runners on the edge of the bed are what is key for loading/unloading. Also there are some "ears" on the back of the bed that the hooks on the truck are used to secure with. And the hydraulic pin lock at the front.

Attachments

thanks M1075 for the pics! It looks to be fairly simple. We are being quoted $4,500 for the bed and we would have another $1,500 or so in shipping so I'm not really motivated to purchase one now. I'll have to crunch some numbers but I'm sure I could get one built for easily less than $6,000 out of steel. If you are running your M812 anytime soon if you can snap an underside pic that would be great. Thanks again for your help with the pics.

What is the most you have had on your flatbed? The dump cylinders on our hoist setups to me look like they are at a huge mechanical disadvantage.

Andy

M1075

That Mazda is the heaviest thing I have loaded on the flatbed. rofl I believe the max payload (higway) is 20,000#. The self-loading limit is 10,000# IIRC, probably due to the winch. I think the dump cylinders would handle much more. Also, the bridge trucks can handle more weight than a standard 5 ton, as they have a beefier spring pack. The problem I found was the bed level is about 6', so the center of gravity is going to be high.

jeli

A bridge boat weights about 10K. I've seen one truck pull another out of the river with the winch cable. Not the brightest move but it worked.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
CSI also has about 50 of the bridge trucks. They don't seem to move them very much so the price may be reasonable.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks