• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1026 with 1/2 tank of fuel acted like it was empty?

mleara

My 6.2 had 1/2 tank of fuel and died the garage. Wouldn't start. I added 5 gallons from the jerry can, a lot peddle action and ran perfect. I would like to hear your thoughts, what should I look out for or any testing? I have owned 3-months and never acted like this.
Mike

cwajciec

Lift pump going bad? When running crack the drain on the drivers side wheel well. Apparently That could make it lose prime and not start if the lift pump can’t suck fuel from the tank.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As mentioned above, a bad fuel pump will not show up until you’re at half tank. At full tank the weight of the fuel will maintain some pressure to injection pump.

Quite possibly your issue.

Best,

T

papakb

These trucks will run on the IP alone even with a bad fuel pump until they get stressed with low tank levels and then they'll die like yours did. The fuel pump isn't hard to replace and readily available but there are a few tricks to making the job easier. There's no need to buy a "HMMWV fuel pump", you can get the same thing online for less than $20. Search the forum for fuel pump replacing posts for all the tricks.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?178003-Out-of-fuel-or-am-I&highlight=fuel+pump

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try removing the fuel filler cap. Let it run a few minutes. If all is well then the tank vent valve is gummed up. If so. Try blowing some air down the vent tube. It is located right behind the rad over flow tank. You will see a small brass looking filter on the line. Listen for bubbles in the tank. Then try again with the cap back on. If this doesen't work. change the lift pump.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks