• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 transmission and transfer case fluid

319cssb

What do you all refill your transmission and transferase with , when you service them?
Lubrication Order says GO 80/90 for both. But what do you recommend for some smooth shifting?

Last edited by a moderator:

319cssb

Reading through the link and the one posted in that link was a good read. Ill get some 40w non detergent.

162tcat

M813 transmission and transferase fluid.

I use 50 weight non detergent trans fluid from my local heavy truck parts store. Napa should have it. I add a couple bottles of GM synchromesh too. Not sure if it helps but can't hurt anything except for my wallet. My trans and T Case shift much better than they did with gear oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

319cssb

I use 50 weight non detergent trans fluid from my local heavy truck parts store. Napa should have it. I add a couple bottles of GM synchromesh too. Not sure if it helps but can't hurt anything except for my wallet. My trans and T Case shift much better than they did with gear oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you drive a m809 series?

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spicer probably has a different oil spec'd out than what the military used. I hear if you use that it shifts easier, but I haven't taken the time to find out what it should be. Make sure not to confuse 50W drivetrain oil with 50W engine oil. The drivetrain oils have an anti-foaming agent in it that prevents bubbles from forming. Foamed up engine oil in a tranny or t-case can cause the oil to not stick to the gears and will lead to increased wear.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spicer probably has a different oil spec'd out than what the military used. I hear if you use that it shifts easier, but I haven't taken the time to find out what it should be. Make sure not to confuse 50W drivetrain oil with 50W engine oil. The drivetrain oils have an anti-foaming agent in it that prevents bubbles from forming. Foamed up engine oil in a tranny or t-case can cause the oil to not stick to the gears and will lead to increased wear.
40w non-detergent motor oil won't foam

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks