• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Removing emergency fuel cutoff

Anvilface

Hey everybody, I was just looking for a bit of guidance. We've got 2 m923a1 both are in pretty good shape.
The only problem I have with one is that the trucking company that owned it prior built some sort of goofy looking "sleeper cab". It looks like the gorillas that built the box pinched and kicked and messed up some things that didn't have anything to do with the cab mod.
Anyway, today the emergency fuel shutoff valve started leaking like a sprinkler. I'd like to just eliminate it. It just at a glance the fittings look like 1/4 npt. Any clue, or guidance?

Katavic918

It's probably a good idea to leave have an emergency shut off valve. I don't know if that has a manual or electric valve but I would just replace it with oem or aftermarket. A picture of the valve would help.

Scrounger

I would not be a good idea to remove the emergency shut off valve. If something goes wrong in the injection pump there would be no easy way to shut the engine down.

The part is a standard item. It is available from Cummins and quite a few places online.

Anvilface

Thanks for the input. I'm not crazy about totally eliminating it (I've choked out many a run away diesels, lol) This bugger just started leaking last night and I wanted to keep it operational for a couple of days until a new valve could be had. I appreciate the help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks