• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aftermarket mirror mount assemblies

fpchief

After breaking three of the bolts holding my mirrors on, made me wonder if anyone has successfully mounted some aftermarket mirrors that have a little less going on than those stock mounting solution.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

77 AMG

Are you referring to the main brackets that mount to the cab. or, the mirror heads themselves? I have a few sets of LMTV mirrors that I will trying to install tomorrow, so I will have some pictures to post in the "what have you done" thread, if that might help you?

fpchief

Are you referring to the main brackets that mount to the cab. or, the mirror heads themselves? I have a few sets of LMTV mirrors that I will trying to install tomorrow, so I will have some pictures to post in the "what have you done" thread, if that might help you?
The main brackets. There's got to be something better.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

yolner

I seem to remember someone bending replacement WC mirror brackets out of conduit. Unfortunately I dont see anyone making a fancier replacement now that the number of these trucks on the road is dropping and there are no more coming from auctions.

EDIT Ive actually been thinking that a 360 degree camera system and some smaller mirrors that dont vibrate quite as much would be a solid alternative. Camera systems are getting cheap and theres a lot of RV systems out there now.

Last edited:

rustystud

I seem to remember someone bending replacement WC mirror brackets out of conduit. Unfortunately I dont see anyone making a fancier replacement now that the number of these trucks on the road is dropping and there are no more coming from auctions.

EDIT Ive actually been thinking that a 360 degree camera system and some smaller mirrors that dont vibrate quite as much would be a solid alternative. Camera systems are getting cheap and theres a lot of RV systems out there now.
After driving my new Chevy with it's little camera's all over, I've got really used to just looking at the dash to see what is going on around me. Like you said, with the price of a complete camera system coming down I'm really tempted to install one on my Deuce. At my age it is getting real difficult trying to turn my head all around trying to see what is going on, especially when changing lanes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks