• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Recommendation on a good shop or mechanic in the Denver area

mann650

I recently picked up a M35A3 and it needs some basic maintenance work. I usually do my own work but my job is going to be shipping me off to a site for 3 months. I would like to play with the truck this summer rather than work on it all summer (although I am sure there will be some work on it, there always is) Does anyone have a recommendation for a mechanic that is comfortable with this truck in the Denver or surrounding area? The items that I know it needs at the moment are axle boots, wheel cylinders and some air system fittings. My search provided Dino Diesel perhaps but it would be nice to have a few recommendations. Thanks

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try calling a couple diesel injection shops and ask who may still be willing to work on your deuce. The big commercial shops probably wont want your business, they'll loss money working on your truck. There are still some small independent shops that may take it on especially if you can leave it with them.

mann650

I'll continue my calls, I was just hoping to narrow down the field. You are right, the two larger shops I called did not want to work on it, especially if I was going to leave it there for more than a day. I haven't found a smaller shop that knows what it is yet. I still need to call Dino and see what they say. The ideal option would be as you describe, someone that is willing to work on it on a slow day and take their time. I'll be able to come back about every 2 weeks for a day or two so I can move it around if needed.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll continue my calls, I was just hoping to narrow down the field. You are right, the two larger shops I called did not want to work on it, especially if I was going to leave it there for more than a day. I haven't found a smaller shop that knows what it is yet. I still need to call Dino and see what they say. The ideal option would be as you describe, someone that is willing to work on it on a slow day and take their time. I'll be able to come back about every 2 weeks for a day or two so I can move it around if needed.
You might want to check with members of the MVCC . I think 70 Deuce on this forum (SS) is a member.
http://www.mvcconline.org/

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks