• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello Everyone

TheQuaker

New Member here.
I have been an 18- month Lurker here reading posts, downloading and studying TM's and trying to absorb all the information available here on the forum. I am truly blown away by the knowledge, experience and sense of community you have.
Thanks to all of you I am finally confident and ready to take the plunge into my own MV addiction! (And thanks also, of course, to my wonderful wife who has been bugging me to "get a hobby")
As far as MV interests go, I am truly obsessed with the M939 series 5-tons, but I know I need to start "small". So I will start with a Deuce and cut my hobby teeth on that. To that end, I am currently searching hard for the right Deuce to start my adventure with and I hope to find one soon.
Thank you all again and keep the great information, discussions and ideas comin' for us Rookies!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome

Welcome aboard from Michigan. Check out our local MVPA affiliate group, Military Vehicle Collectors Club of Michigan. Come join us at our meetings and events. You don’t have to own a HMV to be a member. Check out the site MVCCMI.org
Hope to see you soon...

Last edited:

TheQuaker

Twisted60 yes, I have looked at a few 923's in person and have been very impressed by the size, looks and the driving experience itself. Unfortunately, I missed the big fire sale on them when they were being surplused in large numbers and prices were low. But maybe for my second one...

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Twisted60 yes, I have looked at a few 923's in person and have been very impressed by the size, looks and the driving experience itself. Unfortunately, I missed the big fire sale on them when they were being surplused in large numbers and prices were low. But maybe for my second one...

Welcome from mid-michigan. You missed the deuces being surplused out also , prices are climbing on them also.

TheQuaker

Porkysplace I agree. I've noticed the Deuce prices as well even over the last couple of years. Anything "reasonably" priced (to me anyway) are starting to all look like valuable as parts trucks only or are so far away geographically that shipping costs alone take them way out of budget range.
You said you are in mid-Michigan. Where you located? I am originally from Lansing.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Porkysplace I agree. I've noticed the Deuce prices as well even over the last couple of years. Anything "reasonably" priced (to me anyway) are starting to all look like valuable as parts trucks only or are so far away geographically that shipping costs alone take them way out of budget range.
You said you are in mid-Michigan. Where you located? I am originally from Lansing.

From Saginaw , there have been a couple floating around facebook marketplace with no title and michigan isn't easy to get a title anymore except for the original buyer from the government.

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the site hobby and friendships. And the events to come when you acquire your first truck.
When you decide to have the larger truck, Keep the deuce.
Then..the other one...and the other one (For your wife)....And...

TheQuaker

From Saginaw , there have been a couple floating around facebook marketplace with no title and michigan isn't easy to get a title anymore except for the original buyer from the government.
Not a Facebook user so I haven't seen those. But titling issues are why I am trying first to find one already in-state if I can that has a MI title to avoid a lot of hassle with the SOS or a titled truck from IN or OH if I need to go out of state.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not a Facebook user so I haven't seen those. But titling issues are why I am trying first to find one already in-state if I can that has a MI title to avoid a lot of hassle with the SOS or a titled truck from IN or OH if I need to go out of state.

I don't know what kind of prices he has but Dennis Myers up in Copemish should have a few , General Jims in Clare has a couple but a steep on price.

Myers Military Trucks Copemish , Mi
231-633-6094

TheQuaker

Welcome to the site hobby and friendships. And the events to come when you acquire your first truck.
When you decide to have the larger truck, Keep the deuce.
Then..the other one...and the other one (For your wife)....And...
Ha Ha! "For your wife" Nice thought but not a likely excuse to give her. Her comfort level operating large vehicles tops out with my half-ton Ram...even a Deuce would be so far beyond the limit for her she would slap me silly just for suggesting something like that. I gotta come up with a better plan to explain #2, #3... when that time comes.

TheQuaker

I don't know what kind of prices he has but Dennis Myers up in Copemish should have a few , General Jims in Clare has a couple but a steep on price.

Myers Military Trucks Copemish , Mi
231-633-6094
Thanks. I was already in contact with Dennis but he said they still have a bit of snow cover up there and it is a real muck-fest at the moment now in his yard with the spring thaw finally here. So I need to give it a couple of weeks for it to clear up. But I will be headed up there as soon as conditions at his place improve.
Made the mistake of mentioning my 5-ton interest to him when we talked...and of course he can help me with those as well. Hmmmm...
And here l go...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks