• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

help with 5 ton purchace. model? dump truck

vernoncostanza

hey gang,been on the m35a2 side for about 10 years.decided its time to sell the deuce and step up to something i can comfortably work with.i had planned on making it a dumper,but no power steering and a manual trans(non standard engine)killed those plans.

i have a cat d3b and a d6c i move from job to job,d3 on a gooseneck w dodge 3500 4x4,d6 on a big truck.i want to get a 5 ton dump truck that i can put a pintle trailor on back to move the d6.

id like it to have power steering and a automatic,a 250 or 8.3 cummins,has to have a winch(I live in southern Louisiana)

what model would be the best to actually do this work comfortably and reliably every day? how much could I put on the trailor before its too much for the truck?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
M930 trucks are rare. A 929 is bringing 14 to 25k at the moment. Depending on the variant. A 930 sold for 27k a few weeks back.

Would be cheaper to buy a 931 tractor and have a company convert it with an ox body unit. A 931 tractor will sell in the 4500 to 8k range.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
what about a 917? i have no idea as to the 5ton series of dumpers.

can anyone list models and capabilities?
Offroad capabilities of a 917 are limited. A tire and wheel mod would be a wise choice. Or go to a 12R22.5 that is a little more aggressive

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks